Field Hand Hefeweizen & Updated Brewery Logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottfro

Reaction score
Final version of this label is finally done.

field_hand_hefeweizen.jpg

Each silhouette is a person that I work with at our farm.

Big version of the updated logo depicted on the label above. I'm concerned that the smaller hops might be too small to make out in the on bottle label.
de_terra_new_logo.jpg

and the old logo for comparison and comments

logo.jpg

I like the new one better because everything is together. What I mean by that is if you look at the old logo, the "Brewery" part is sort of by itself instead of being a part of the logo as a whole. I hope that makes sense.

The new logo and the ruff around the edges effect you used gave it a ton of more depth vs the old logo that looked good but everything was so crisp and very stamp like. also you darkened most of the coloring in it which also made it stand out better. It would make for one bad ass guitar pick i might add.

The newer logo incorporates the text better. It's ok to have the "Brewery" outside of the main logo shape, but with it inside, and the same color, it reads much better.

It works to separate the logo from the rest of the artwork in the whole label, which leads people to logically see it as a unit instead of an ambiguous part of the label.

Agreed as well that the roughness of the line quality gives it a more "real" and earthy feel which echoes nicely with the "Realness" of the concept.

If you are worried about losing the hops in the print, you could try to make them more simplified, and perhaps the same size or in less numbers. You've got a nice asymmetry with the sun placement, could play off that with the hops too.

Just my .02 - It's very nice as it is.

thanks for the thoughts.

this is where the logo is at now, i think it works much better. you can see it on a label in the "Big Als' Blackberry Brew" thread.

logo.gif

Back