Johnson Control...Where do I Stick It?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joebou4860

Reaction score
Now that you're here... I recieved my temperature controller today. For those of you who use it, do you have any suggestions for placement of the probe? It just doesn't seem right to leave it either lying on the floor of the freezer or in mid-air.

Mine just kind of dangles in mid-air. I think it was Edwort who put his on the floor in a small jug of water trying to simulate the wort temp. Brilliant, but I'm too lazy for that :eek:

desertBrew said:
Mine just kind of dangles in mid-air. I think it was Edwort who put his on the floor in a small jug of water trying to simulate the wort temp. Brilliant, but I'm too lazy for that :eek:

You people are SICK!!!

My johnson controller stays in my underwear drawer and I only take it out when SWMBO is over...

I don't have a johnson controller, but I hear those little blue pills work rather well.

REALLY trying to refrain from going to Adam and Eve's web site to find one of those "johnson controller" pictures.

Nice to see so many people picked up the ball on this...so to speak

Seriously, though, it seems like my Johnson controller runs a little cold. I want to say that the controller was set to 50 and the thermometer in my chest freezer read 40. anyone else ever run into this?

Focus

Focus said:
Nice to see so many people picked up the ball on this...so to speak

Seriously, though, it seems like my Johnson controller runs a little cold. I want to say that the controller was set to 50 and the thermometer in my chest freezer read 40. anyone else ever run into this?

Focus

Mine runs a touch warm, I believe, but that's because the controller only kicks on when it gets like 3 or 4 degrees above the setting...so you can be several degrees warm and the freezer won't kick on.

But running cold...nope.

Hmm, I never cross-checked the temp against another thermometer. I figured for $45 it better be accurate. I'm going to check now though.

Back