BCS Question: Locking down Elements

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayInJersey

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As the title suggests...I have a question regarding the BCS-4something...(can never remember the numbers)

Does it have the ability to make sure two elements cannot fire at the same time?

I know I can do this with a selector switch on a "hardware" setup but can the BCS make it so I don't accidentally trigger the HLT element and the BK element at the same time?

You will have to do this with a DPDT switch, and override the BCS.

The BCS has manual and auto modes. Within auto mode running a process, you could easily make sure it never fires both elements at once, but if you ever use manual, the option is always there to control both.

When I designed my system I made sure I had manual control over all the power before it gets to the bcs control. In your case I would think that would be even more important. Look into DPDT switches, they are 3 position and will enable you to select which one you want running safely.

Latest posts

Back