Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I aim to dumb down everyone else around me so I look ultra smert.:rockin:

That was one hellava video. I do believe the lead taste came from improper cellaring of the beer. The dust and webs on the bottle indicate it was placed on its side. This is a wine method, beer is cellared standing straight up.

Heard this at a recent party:

"Bud light is better than Coors light because once the beer hits 39 degrees Coors light starts tasting like cat piss. Bud light tastes the same as it warms up."

I don't even..

That was one hellava video. I do believe the lead taste came from improper cellaring of the beer. The dust and webs on the bottle indicate it was placed on its side. This is a wine method, beer is cellared standing straight up.

that dust goes all the way around the bottle. it was cellared standing up. I did eat a big bowl of 40 y/o paint chips before the video though...

I was at my LBS of all places and was mentioning to the guy working there how I had to alter my reciepe because they were out of certain items.

His response. "When people tell me that, I just say... It's still gunna be beer..."

He wasn't the owner thank god.

Not that I place much credence in Fox News but my dad claimed something like this almost happened to him about 1940 when he was a night watchman at a winery. He was on a catwalk above a vat and became dizzy & fell in. A hose was hanging down far enough to grab & climb out.

Uncle Fred had this happen 3 times. He got fired after showing up to third shift in swimming trunks.

I was at my LBS of all places and was mentioning to the guy working there how I had to alter my reciepe because they were out of certain items.

His response. "When people tell me that, I just say... It's still gunna be beer..."

He wasn't the owner thank god.

Which is why, as much as I want to support my LHBS, when I need exact ingredients, I pay the shipping and order online.

Which is why, as much as I want to support my LHBS, when I need exact ingredients, I pay the shipping and order online.
I'm lucky, I guess. My LHBS (Murrieta Home Brew Emporium) looks like a hole-in-the-wall operation, but he always has whatever I need. And his online order prices and shipping are comparable to any of the big guys....

It comes up at work that I brew beer. One guy gets excited and says he had no idea I brewed beer (I get mistaken for a Mormon a lot). He and the guy that brought up my beer... how he brought it up was asking how much I'd sale some for... start talking beer a little bit. I stay out of it for the most part. At one point they both exclaim that they don't like the "dark style" of beer, which from what they were saying sounded like they meant anything with an SRM greater than 12.

It comes up at work that I brew beer. One guy gets excited and says he had no idea I brewed beer (I get mistaken for a Mormon a lot). He and the guy that brought up my beer... how he brought it up was asking how much I'd sale some for... start talking beer a little bit. I stay out of it for the most part. At one point they both exclaim that they don't like the "dark style" of beer, which from what they were saying sounded like they meant anything with an SRM greater than 12.

How does one get mistaken for a Mormon? :drunk:

They've also succeeded in getting a lot of people to think that Leinenkugel's "Summer Shandy" is the "original shandy" despire the fact that shandies have been around since long before the Leinenkugel company ever existed, although their popularity has been mainly outside of the US, focused mostly in Western Europe (I think England is where shandies are the most popular).

Foster's Radler, in half litre cans, can be widely found all over Europe. Radler is just the German word for shandy. So now, we've got an Australian company using German terms to sell shandy in Europe. At 2.7% ABV, I like to drink them with lunch. My wife likes the lemon and I like the grapefruit. Every once in a while, they will be on sale for 1 EUR each and I'll buy 15 or 20 of them.

Not every beer pours with the same amount of head.

Just like not every woman can make the perfect "grilled cheese sandwich " or is willing. ...

Almost 6 am here.... hmmmm, wonder if it is too early for "grilled cheese"?

Back on topic. ... "Beer is for pv$$ie$" spoke out loud and loudly a crowded restaurant by my youngest when he was about 4 right after I asked about the beer selection. This he overheard from his uncle who only drinks rum and said "beer is nasty". He is now 18.

I'll have to look them up hilarious man, If I didn't post right after watching the first video that was a quote I prolly would of seen it was you after your responses lol

Latest posts

Back