looking for a Dos Equis Special Lager recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baddagger

Reaction score
hey would anybody know a good recipie for a Dos Equis Special Lager clone? this is probly my favoirt commerical beers and wanted to give it a try

now i never did a lager beer before is ther anything speical i need to do for a lager v.s a ale beer?

oh and if it does make any diff.. im not set up for doing all grain brewing.. ive only been brewing for about a year now.. only got 6 batches of home brews under my belt

hey would anybody know a good recipie for a Dos Equis Special Lager clone? this is probly my favoirt commerical beers and wanted to give it a try

now i never did a lager beer before is ther anything speical i need to do for a lager v.s a ale beer?

I did Bradsul's recipe for Vienna lager, and it was remarkably similar to Dos Equis.

For a lager, you need about two to three times the amount of yeast you'd use for an ale, and pitch it at about 48 degrees. Ferment at 50 degrees for about 10-14 days, then raise the temperature to 60-65 or so for three days. Rack to a carboy, and slowly lower the temperature to 34 degrees. Keep at 34 degrees for 6 weeks. Then it can be bottled with 1 ounce of corn sugar per gallon of finished beer. That's it, in a nutshell.

I did Bradsul's recipe for Vienna lager, and it was remarkably similar to Dos Equis.

For a lager, you need about two to three times the amount of yeast you'd use for an ale, and pitch it at about 48 degrees. Ferment at 50 degrees for about 10-14 days, then raise the temperature to 60-65 or so for three days. Rack to a carboy, and slowly lower the temperature to 34 degrees. Keep at 34 degrees for 6 weeks. Then it can be bottled with 1 ounce of corn sugar per gallon of finished beer. That's it, in a nutshell.

hmm well i dont have the set up to keep the temps like that.. so i guess i will have to find a clone recipie that i dont have to lager

correction now that i think of it i have a min fridge i could use to put the carboy in to keep cold.. so i guess i could lager it

would u have a link to that recipe?

Back