Which Brewery Name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should my homebrewery be called?

• Houndsons

• Pats Blue Ribbon

Results are only viewable after voting.

captianoats

Reaction score
So lately I've been tossing around ideas to call my homebrewery, since it looks like you guys forced me into being a homebrewer for life :) . I'm thinking Houndsons, since I have two beagles (see, hound-sons). The SWMBO is wants me to call it Pats Blue Ribbon since my name is Patrick and she thinks it's funny. Thought I would get some input from you all.

It's just my personal opinion, but I can say with confidence that I would not want my brewery name associated, or mistaken with Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Dogs are cooler than puns.

I should have read the description of the names before I voted. I have two mutts, a Rott/Shepherd mix, and a Shepherd/Terrier mix (but I'm just guessing). I made a Barking Mutt IPA once, and when I get more serious into brewing - soon, I hope - I was thinking of Two Mutt Brewing. I'd say go with Houndsons Brewing. Are they both male? If so, you could go with The Hound Sons Brewery. (My two are my kids, the big guy, and my little girl. She's five and he's four. If I could get SS# for 'em, I would.)

She's not SWMBO without the O.

I've asked this before, and I'll ask again. What does "SWMBO" stand for? I've found that it's pretty much to everybody's interpretation, so what does the "O" stand for you?

On second thought: If you brew award winning beers, maybe Pat's Blue Ribbon would fit well.

It's just my personal opinion, but I can say with confidence that I would not want my brewery name associated, or mistaken with Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Hey man that beer got me through my days as a young broke private in the Army.

I dig the houndsons, more of a personal touch.

I should have read the description of the names before I voted. I have two mutts, a Rott/Shepherd mix, and a Shepherd/Terrier mix (but I'm just guessing). I made a Barking Mutt IPA once, and when I get more serious into brewing - soon, I hope - I was thinking of Two Mutt Brewing. I'd say go with Houndsons Brewing. Are they both male? If so, you could go with The Hound Sons Brewery. (My two are my kids, the big guy, and my little girl. She's five and he's four. If I could get SS# for 'em, I would.)

I've asked this before, and I'll ask again. What does "SWMBO" stand for? I've found that it's pretty much to everybody's interpretation, so what does the "O" stand for you?

On second thought: If you brew award winning beers, maybe Pat's Blue Ribbon would fit well.

SWMBO = She who must be obeyed

I voted for "Pat's." I figure it never hurts to have your wife feels like she owes you, even in some small way.

The best I've come up with is "She Who Must Be Obeyed".

Yeah, I was trying to cleverly imply that you should obey your wife & go with the name she picked. Apparently I'm not as clever as I thought, since I have to explain. Anyways, I still think letting your wife name your beer will pay great dividends in the future. She gets the naming rights and you get a few free passes when your brew pot boils over, or you forget to do something because you were brewing, or you have one too many, etc.

Yeah, I was trying to cleverly imply that you should obey your wife & go with the name she picked. Apparently I'm not as clever as I thought, since I have to explain. Anyways, I still think letting your wife name your beer will pay great dividends in the future. She gets the naming rights and you get a few free passes when your brew pot boils over, or you forget to do something because you were brewing, or you have one too many, etc.

You definitely have a point there. It's like a "Get Out of Jail" card. Well, sort of... If she's in that kind of mood, "Get Out of Jail" cards don't work, and you can only use it once. If she denies it, don't try bringing it up again, it'll only dig you in deeper.

Back