Help!!Dusty off flavors?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay_skier

Reaction score
I'm New to homebrewing, I,ve brewed two batches so far and they both have had a dusty off flavor to them! the first i thought was due to a too hot/long steeping temp. But the second batch was all extract, no steeping involved! (Rocky Raccoons Crystal Honey Lager) any way i kept it in the primary for 10 days at 53-55 degrees F with S-23 lager yeast and 15 days in a secondary and i dry hopped with 2oz of Czech Sazz! all samples i tried were great! but after i bottled... no so great! i primed them W/ 1 1/4C. malt extract, with 2 cups H2O and let them sit 1 week at same temp then moved to fridge at a constant 38F ! first six i tried were good but now...dusty again! What is going on?

DME, LME? you lost me! contamination maybe but i clean/sanitize everything! would it be im not rinsing the sanitzer off? im using Star san which i thought was a no rinse sanitzer.

ok got ya! I used dry malt extract 3.5# extra light. and 2.5# grade A honey and 2.5 gallon of h2o for the boil! if that helps

Latest posts

Back