clogging brew pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fins2rit

Reaction score
Hello
My brew pot keeps clogging from the hops. I read the post on hop stoppers but I also seen that picture of the burnt beer batch and do not want to go down that road. If someone uses these hop stoppers how do they stir the wort? Wouldn’t it burn every time? I mean you can not stir the bottom of the pot to make sure there is nothing burning. Can you just put your hops in a mesh grain bag? Is there any difference in taste?

Don't worry about burning your beer using a hopstopper. The reason I had that catastrophy is because the nylon mesh on the false bottom I used trapped the wort on the bottom of the kettle. Hopstoppers don't do that. They form a semi-sphere around the dip tube without trapping the wort on the bottom. You can stir the wort, or just let the boil do its thing.

You can put your hops in a mesh bag. That's what I did for a long time before I went to the keggle and tried to get fancy. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back