How many gallons this year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evandam

Reaction score
How many gallons have you brewed this year (2008)?

90 gallons myself in 17 different batches. Won't get any more in this year.

I just recently started doing 10 gallons all grain and I'm shooting for 120 gallons in 12 batches next year. That might be conservative, but a goal none the less.

Lets just say my legal limit wasn't passed ;)

LOL, yea I didn't think about that until after the thread was started. I have since deleted my location in my thread. :mad: As far as I know it is the only state where it is still illegal to brew beer. OK I have said enough.

I'm right around 60 gallons. Most months this year I brewed twice a month, 5 gallon batches. I had a month hiatus there with the super hot summer, and there were a couple months I only brewed once :(. This next year though is going to be HUGE! I'm doing my first 10 gallon batch either this Sunday or the following Sunday. And from here on out it's going to be 10 gallon batches only, or 5 gallon batches for those "big beers". I hope to brew twice a month, which shouldn't be hard since I've got a good stock of base grains now. All I need to grab is a couple pounds of hops and I'll be able to brew whenever the mood hits me :D!

35 gallons. Didn't get going until April and had to stop in October due to ankle surgery. I plan to double that next year by averaging at least one 5 gallon batch per month with a little extra in the spring and fall. I want to nail down a house cream ale and a house IPA.

If I count the batches in the primary right now I figure I've brewed 52 gallons of beer and 7.5 gallons of apfelwein. Stupid layoff has stopped the purchase of new ingredients.

Nine gallons in three batches. Hefeweizen (triple decoction!), summer ale, porterwine (triple decoction!). I meant to do something belgiany over the summer but I never got around to it... :(

45 gallons (including the batch next week).

However, I didn't start until middle of October...

:drunk:

(Red Ale, Cherry Wheat, Amber Lager, Light Lager, Cream Ale, Dunkel Weiss, Altbier, Cherry Wheat II, Amber Ale)

35 gallons (25 drinkable, woohoo), not too bad considering there's a one year old in the house. Hopefully we'll be able to bump that to at least 60 gallons next year. Went to the bottle shop the other day to buy gifts for granddad and wound up spending $65 on a dozen mixed 12-16oz bottles and 3 750ml bottles and I was like "Crap, I could easily have brewed 100 bottles for that same price."

27.50 Gallons (Started in Mid November).

I plan on doing a batch about every other week. I'm hoping for 75-100.

Received kit from SWMBO in January and have completed 95 gallons this year. I SOOOO want to get a 60qt kettle and SQ14 burner to do 10 gallon batches!

Uh oh.

190 gallons so far. I'll be doing one more 5 gallon batch before the new year.

Do I have to start going to meetings now?

I have been on a pretty tight brewing leash as I have twin 4 year olds. I think I am around 50 gallons this year. My New Years resolution will be to brew more next year!

Started the end of May brewed 8 different batches for 40 Gallons. Goal is 60 to 75 next year.

30 5G batches of beer = 150 gallons.
In addition:
6 5G batches of Apfelwein = 30 gallons
2 wine kits (6G + 3G) = 9 gallons

Total: 189 gallons

I'm hoping to find time to brew up an Oktoberfest kit I have laying around before the year is up.

Five batches of beer, with a total of about 23 gallons, plus 5 gallons of mead, for a total of 28 gallons. Not bad for having started in June and having no money. I hope to drastically increase that amount in '09.

in total... let me thing... 53 gallons... mostly cider... the real break down was

28g hard cider(many variou)

10g Beer (irish carmel stout ready this weekend, irish red)

5g cherry champagne

10g malt liquor

this includes the ten gallons i have comming up read this weekend

Trust me there will be more next year, alot more...

Cheers

Started in March, and have made 90 gallons so far. I'm going to do my first double brewday sometime this week to hit my goal of 100 gallons. Next year I plan to dabble with all-grain and probably make somewhere around 10 gallons a month

Probably 75-80 gallons this year. non-alcoholic, of course, since i live in utah and it would be illegal to brew real beer. :)

9 batches of 5 gallons each, so 45 gallons total.

However, I'm hoping to brew once more before year's end (Doppelbock) so I should make 50 gallons.

40 since I began back in August and planning about 150 gals next year. Starting off with some fruit beer.

40 gallons, because I am ALWAYS updating my rig, thus not brewing.

40 gallons will get me through a year, and then some...

I will start giving away kegs of beer this coming year to anyone with a draft system. I just ask that I get the kegs back!

looks like 50 gal this year.
not to shabby. Hope to do more next year. I hit a few hiccups as I moved in the spring and that took a lot of time out as well i've been without a job since the beginning of sept. Only 2 batches since then :(
hard to justify brewing expences... Although i do have a stock pile of hops, just need malt.

I just finished my last batch of the year and the total is 80 gallons. About half of the batches were 5-6 gallons and the other half were 10 and half of those were usually given to a co-brewer.

50 Gallons, in 8 batches.
thats counting the two I have in secondary which I wont drink till mid January

Edit:
Oh yeah, and 5 gallons of wine

Back