What's your occupation: Engineer or Non-Engineer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your occupation

• Engineer

• Non-Engineer

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ramblin' Wreck BEE/MSEE. Yeah, the techno-geek process stuff is a piece of cake. Always working on that artistic creativity that doesn't come so naturally.

Technically, I have a 2-year electronic engineering technology degree, and a BS in Math-CS, so not a "real" engineer. But worked as an avionics subsystem/systems engineer, so I guess I qualify. But to tell the truth, my love is biology, botony, and gardening, as well as cooking, so that certainly fits in with the brewer geek mystique...

Last edited:
While I'm not an engineer, I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night so,,,

Steel Bridge and Infrustructure inspector.

Sales manager at an engineering company (ROUSH)... 11 years of exposure and a big science fan so I feel like I've picked up a thing or two...

Manufacturing Engineer for an OEM. Previously a machinist in a former life.

Probably on the short list of people who know how to drill holes in glass.

Well I was a Cisco Engineer, now I'm a Project Coordinator for NetApp so how do I answer...

Have an English degree but I'm now an engineer and project manager in the nuclear industry

I'm curious what's the actual tally on this thread? Has anyone made a spreadsheet?

I graduated as an Electronics Engineer, but had always work at Oil&Gas with Big Red (Never applied electronics at O&G). Currently a Technical Sales Advisor.

I graduated with an aerospace engineering degree , but I never used it. After college, I went off to fly jets for Uncle Sam, friendlier skies now.

Engineer, motorsport

I ferment everything. I would ferment my monitor if it wasn't illogical to do so. Whatever can't be fermented, it goes in the smoker.

Btw, the art of fermentation is a good book

I'm the guy in the control room who pushes the flush button when you step away from the porcelain at the mall...

Business Analyst and Digital Strategist. Washed out of engineering in undergrad after I flunked the first (and easiest) of four calculus classes. Fortunately I don't need Diff EQs to make beer.

Back