Need some help with a fitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gfei

Reaction score
I have turkey fryers with this fitting on the hose which attaches to a safety shutoff with a timer. Anyone have a clue to what kind of threads these are? I would like to keep the valves on the burners and use them in my own circuit to shut the burners on and off.

Just need to connect them to my copper pipe gas manifold first.

Thanks for the help.

ForumRunner_20110430_113546.jpg

Holy crap I'm an idiot. 1/8-27NPT. Say so right on the tag next to the fitting. :drunk:

Any thoughts on where I can find a 1/8 male to 3/8 flare fitting? Preferably a 90 deg elbow.

Home depot has them, if not the manufacturer sells them too, and i believe it's all one fitting so one fewer leak opportunity.

I'd take the fitting to a plumbing supply house and have them look at it...I'm sure they'll have something in gas fittings to help you out or maybe even improve on the design

Looks like this is moot point anyway, the valves on the burner don't work the way I had hoped so I won't be using them.

Looks like I'll be lighting my burners manually for the time being.

Back