What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just grind-ed a half pound of dark, roasted coffee beans two nights ago for my imperial stout sitting in secondary.

There is a lot of potential here! Never worked with coffee beans, but it seems to be working.

This is a placeholder reply, but my primary will have, come Friday evening, a SMaSH, consisting of rye, Amarillo, black pepper and Wyeast Irish Ale. It promises to be...interesting...

A Coconut Pineapple pale ale and a semi-brown ale that I've been trying to save for a few months which I think after adding coffee and some brown sugar I may have succeeded.

Both are getting bottle tonight.

Just bottled over 2 cases of Munton's IPA.

Currently

Mr Beer Mexican Cervesa, bottling today
Brewer's Best Irish Stout in a Carboy
Pino Gris in a fermenting bucket

Probably will take a week or 2 weeks of break from making anything new. I have 6 liters of Octoberfest to drink, over 2 cases of Munton's IPA bottled, that will be ready to drink soon. Mexican Cervesa bottling today.

My next project will be trying a red wine, and then another beer kit at some point.

I've got a weizenbock still bubbling away, an apa that is almost ready, a whiskey stout that gets transferred into oak tomorrow a merlot that I degassed today, a sour saison on its 8th month. And then I have some 1 gallon batches, a coffee stout that I'm working on perfecting for my little sisters 21st. A Scottish 70, a chocolate weizenbock (jumped the gun on the 5gal batch) and swmbo brewed a chocolate cherry porter in 1 gal her own crazy creation.

Because it gets so hot here during the summer, I'm trying to buld up the pipeline for my summer brews, I've got a concoction I call Cape Fear Ale, Nut Brown Ale and MB Classic American Light w/my mods, Either tomorrow or saturday I'll start another batch a Dark Forest Stout for SWMBO, my first attempt at anything with fruit in it. I've got a lot of beer to bottle in the net few weeks, better get hot emptying the free beer out of my bottles.

I've got a Red Hook ESB clone called Captain Hooked on Bitters in my primary. It was an all grain recipe from BierMuncher, one of the forum mods. It's won a few awards so I'm really looking forward to this one.

2013-01-01_16-47-43_434_zps3da3cd9a.jpg

Just bottled over 2 cases of Munton's IPA.

Currently

Mr Beer Mexican Cervesa, bottling today

Probably will take a week or 2 weeks of break from making anything new. I have 6 liters of Octoberfest to drink, over 2 cases of Munton's IPA bottled, that will be ready to drink soon. Mexican Cervesa bottling today.

My next project will be trying a red wine, and then another beer kit at some point.

Update...

FERMENTING

BOTTLED - conditioning

Munton's IPA - a little over 2 cases
Mr Beer Mexican Cerveza - 1 case

Only 3 liters of Mr Beer Octoberfest left to drink :-(

My 2nd pm pale ale will finally get bottled today. Had a lot of lil things to get cleaned up. This after being pitched on 1 month & 3 days ago. Didn't get the color & flavor I thought I would. But it appears from the last FG sample that I may just have gotten my "hopped & Confused" ale instead. An ale that thinks it's a lager or pilsner. Taste sort of reminded me of a euro pilsner or the like with lime. That came from the NZ hops used throughout. Can't wait for this one.

5.5 GAL OF PORTER
5.5 GAL OF LAGER
5.5 GAL OF APA 1.0
5.5 GAL 05 APA 2.0
5.5 GAL OF APA 3.0
5.5 GAL OF RAUCHBEIR

I thought building a 4 bucket fermentation chamber was going to be big enough, turns out I still have buckets fermenting in the bathroom.

~11 gal of Vienna Rye Cali Common Lager.

Okay, so that's the best description I can come up with ;)

It's ~70% Vienna, 30% rye, and hopped with a decent size dose of northern brewer (hence the Cali Common in the name), but with S-23 rather than a hybrid yeast.

I have some high hopes for this one... Just finished diacetyl rest and now it's crashing its way down to lagering temps.

I added 5.5 gallons of White House Honey Porter to my list. It was an AHS kit. I figured I'd see what all the hype is about. After seeing the recipe I realize it's just a basic London style porter with honey in it. It should be tasty, though.

Brewed 5 gallons of my 'Ranger Rick' Double IPA, 'Wet Sheep' Scotch Ale, and recently 'Brown' Brown Ale. XD
I've never been able to stagger brew times vs what I have bottled and am drinking. There is always a dry spell. :(

"Warm winter Kolsch" in the primary. It hit 62 degrees here in Detroit last week. WLP029 is doing its thing. Fermenting at 60F. Very excited as this is my first Kolsch!

6 gallons of India Brown Ale based on Terrapin's Hop Karma. Also happens to be my first all grain! Super excited to see how it turns out.

ESB
Sour IMP Stout
Sour Peach Porter
Rabbit Hole Red
Mild
Zombie Wave IPA (Inspired by Zombie Dust grain bill)
Headshot IPA
Headshot IPA (different dry hop)
Double Tap IPA
Sink Tripple
Kraken Wheat

Now if somebody would drink the beers I have on tap, I could tap the IPAs.

This is a placeholder reply, but my primary will have, come Friday evening, a SMaSH, consisting of rye, Amarillo, black pepper and Wyeast Irish Ale. It promises to be...interesting...

It also promises to be premature. I failed to take into account the fact that my sister, and her three children, are staying with me until Sunday. Therefore, my entire brewing schedule has been upended, and all operations suspended, until they leave. I might be able to bottle my secondary on Friday, but no guarantees.

Zythos IPA on the left. Racked to secondary to dry hop, and thought "man, that's incredibly NOT clear." Welp, danged if I dont see yeasties swimming around, eating and farting. Got yet another yeast cake on the bottom of my better bottle.

Apfelwein on the right, happily chugging away. Lots of activity in that one. I cut it close this time, actually got the liquid level only about an inch below the stopper/airlock. Luckily no krausen with the wine yeast.

2013-01-16_22-15-50_307.jpg

Columbus/Simcoe/NZ Pacific Jade-Bry97 IPA.Mixed base malt grainbill.Should be interesting. Cant wait. Hoping to make my first 2.5 gallon pliny to go in my first 3 gallon keg Im going to have soon.

Back