Brew stand build made easy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozer5454

Reaction score
So with all my welding skills I was thinking about getting into the brew stand building business. I can do single tier or gravity feed stands as needed. The difference would be that the stands would be built to the customer's specifications. If your 6' 2" and need a single tier that you can store your pots under I got you covered. If your 5' 6" and need one a little easier to work with I could do that, too. Looking to work with mild steel and go with custom colors based on the customer's desire. Just trying to get some feedback from the world as to who would like a stand and how they would like it built. Any help would be appreciated.

Not trying to start some crap but you REALLY need to be a Vendor to sell things/services here on HBT. (At this point t looks like you are still in the planning stage vs. the selling stage...)

I am sure that there would be folks that would love to have custom stands built. I am just finishing up a weldless brew stand but that is because I can not afford the cost+shipping of a welded variety.

Best of luck!

You should register as a vendor then just to keep things on the up-n-up.

To the basic idea- make something that other's don't have. Just guessing here but i'm pretty sure that shipping is going to be crazy high because of the bulk. What if you made a collapsible or quick take apart unit? THat'd lower shipping and make it convenient for the occasional brewer that doesn't have much space. The Blichmann Modular is going to be hard to beat on cost, it doesn't take much to build it and it looks like it comes apart quite easily.

Good luck!

I totally want to do this the right way and become a vendor. I was just spit balling an idea to see how it would take. I'm looking into shipping costs and what it takes to be a proper vendor on this and other sites. Need to feed my family and refuse to take a hand out from the government. Just thought this would be a good way to have the thing I love become a business I could be proud of.

Back