What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh? Getting poked in the eye is bad, getting poked in the eye with somethine sharp is worse. So better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick is better than terrible.

True statement, but the saying doesn't say that. The saying is, "Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick," which doesn't include the point of reference of being poked in the eye with a non-sharp object. It's implied, sort of, but I think the saying should be changed to "A little better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick." As it currently stands I could use the phrase to compare winning the lottery to being poked in the eye with a sharp stick.

Not at all. By evolving I just mean changing, not associating any positive or negative connotation with it.

Oh, ok. Just had to take your statement at face value and by definition, evolve means to get better, not simply to change.

Warlock is definitely on the radar soon, but right now is a Dark Truth Stout! What a fantastic brew! I just love this stuff!!

image-2278733921.jpg

Last stop tonight. Brooklyn Cuvée la Boîte. Come to TX to have an NY beer. Oh well, new to me. Complex spice. Too dark for a pic.

BGBC said:
Last stop tonight. Brooklyn Cuvée la Boîte. Come to TX to have an NY beer. Oh well, new to me. Complex spice. Too dark for a pic.

Happy birthday dude!! (At least I seem to recall that it was you who's birthday it is)

Another yeti and a leffe blonde to finish the night off. Just finished watching The Departed. What a great movie. Its been a while.

image-12968863.jpg

image-2083928726.jpg

Polished off the growler of AZ Wilderness Refuge IPA watching Trailer Park Boys. Feeling good but waking up at 440am for work is not gonna be cool

True statement, but the saying doesn't say that. The saying is, "Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick," which doesn't include the point of reference of being poked in the eye with a non-sharp object. It's implied, sort of, but I think the saying should be changed to "A little better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick." As it currently stands I could use the phrase to compare winning the lottery to being poked in the eye with a sharp stick.

Oh, ok. Just had to take your statement at face value and by definition, evolve means to get better, not simply to change.

I'll make a petition for the English language phrase academy for you. Sheesh. :D Of course winning the lottery would be better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, almost anything is better, which leads me to believe you do understand the phrase and are just being argumentative, of which I wholeheartedly approve, assuming it's all in good fun.:mug:

Although maybe not the preferred usage, evolve may simply mean change, it's just your pumpkin beer inferiority complex that took offense. I'm of course just being argumentative, in good fun.

I've got the death. Full sinus, lung package and haven't slept. Didn't help that my wife seems to have been dreaming she was playing basketball, but I wouldn't have slept anyway. Drinking blueberry tea with honey. If I suddenly disappear from the alchy thread, I expect you guys to have a wake for me, chip in for a premium membership for me, and post a tombstone avavatar with the words 'he hated pumpkin beer, smoked malt, and 3711'. :mug:

I'll make a petition for the English language phrase academy for you. Sheesh. :D Of course winning the lottery would be better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, almost anything is better, which leads me to believe you do understand the phrase and are just being argumentative, of which I wholeheartedly approve, assuming it's all in good fun.:mug:

Although maybe not the preferred usage, evolve may simply mean change, it's just your pumpkin beer inferiority complex that took offense. I'm of course just being argumentative, in good fun.

I've got the death. Full sinus, lung package and haven't slept. Didn't help that my wife seems to have been dreaming she was playing basketball, but I wouldn't have slept anyway. Drinking blueberry tea with honey. If I suddenly disappear from the alchy thread, I expect you guys to have a wake for me, chip in for a premium membership for me, and post a tombstone avavatar with the words 'he hated pumpkin beer, smoked malt, and 3711'. :mug:

you can't go until after my port shows up. get better, brosnuff!

you can't go until after my port shows up. get better, brosnuff!

I'll leave instructions for the wife to have me cremated with it.

On the bright side, I did have a hallucinatory/dream thing (I say that as I wasn't really asleep) where Ron Jeffries told me to put the muscadines I have in the BdG that's done lagering. Last time I fruited a BdG, it tasted like a$$, but I think that's because I added WLP645. This time I'm adding ECY04, ECY03B, and wyeast lacto.

Next stop. Came here for the Hops & Grain Funk del Roble, but they're out. Argh. Firestone Velvet Merlin instead.

Can't fit the whole tap wall in the pic :mug:

That's quite a selection. If a brewery did a tap take-over would anyone even notice?

My sympathies as I'm just getting over that ****. My advice is to take the Mucinex DM religiously - at least it helps the nasties from getting stuck in the chest.

On the bright side, I did have a hallucinatory/dream thing (I say that as I wasn't really asleep) where Ron Jeffries told me to put the muscadines I have in the BdG that's done lagering. Last time I fruited a BdG, it tasted like a$$, but I think that's because I added WLP645. This time I'm adding ECY04, ECY03B, and wyeast lacto.

I'm not sure how I feel about this whole muscadine thing.

Coff here.

Coff here.

A wise person once talked me out of experimenting with an entire batch. So I ended up only racking half of it on pomegranate to see how it turned out. I would think that would apply here. :D

Channel66 said:

Coff here.

I also have some muscadines in the freezer trying to decide what to do with them. Last time I made muscadine wine I wasn't happy with it. Of course, there is the possibility I suck at making wine. ;)

Channel66 said:
We gotta make sure everyone woke up this morning, bunch of alchys like us we can't guarantee no-one went and busted their hand up or passed out in a gutter

Just curious, when was the last time any of us passed out in the gutter? It's gotta be NUZZLE. Are we tracking these things? We probably should.

tyzippers said:
Just curious, when was the last time any of us passed out in the gutter? It's gotta be NUZZLE. Are we tracking these things? We probably should.

Don't worry. I've been keeping a record. :D

No Nizzle here. :(

Coffee, and lots of it. And motrin. work won't let me take a nap. Meanies.

speaking of nizzle, how did he get his membership revoked so fast?! He was supposed to have a year membership which started a little over a month ago and now its gone haha He must of been harassing tx again ;)

finsfan said:
speaking of nizzle, how did he get his membership revoked so fast?! He was supposed to have a year membership which started a little over a month ago and now its gone haha He must of been harassing tx again ;)

See, you should've given it to me. Mine was expiring and I'm less likely to get it taken away. ;)

tyzippers said:
It was on the floor behind him, covered in drool. Or maybe it was pee. I didn't want to get too close. :cross:

I wouldn't have gotten too close either.

He hasn't checked in this morning and his premium membership is gone.
What did he do this time? :D

Back