Real ale octoberfest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CEversole

Reaction score
So I have a friend who has a friend of a friend that works in the real ale brewery that gave him a case of what he said he thinks is their octoberfest. When the bottles are mislabeled they give them to their employees. These had no labels at all. None of them drink craft brew, so long story short I ended up with them. I love octoberfests but this one is just god awful. It really doesn't even taste like an octoberfest, its more like Karo syrup with a whiskey bite. I thought I had hit the major score, but I was sadly disappointed. I can't remember the last time I did't enjoy a craft brew. I feel I have a very forgiving beer palete. Has anyone else had their octoberfest? what did you think? I hoping that it is just the result of maybe being old and allowed to get hot or something... At least I got some good bottles out of the deal.

Latest posts

Back