Mew's Tavern

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
I was in Rhode Island all week and took some clients out to dinner. I asked if they new of place that served good beer. They recommended Mew's Tavern in Wakefield, RI. What a place.

69 Beers on tap, 40 Tequilas and 200 bottles of Scotch Whiskey. Woo Hoo, I'm in heaven.

At the table, when you need beer, you flip up this sign.

4569-Photo_102506_003.jpg

When you have your beer and you are good to go, you flip up this sign.

4569-Photo_102506_004.jpg

They have these little markers for when you head to the head.

4569-Photo_102506_005.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photos. Just a cell phone was available.

I enjoyed Smithwick's followed by a Dogfish Head 60, then a Grimbergen Double Abby Ale, then the house beer, Mew's Brew #69.

It was great when the waitress came back for another rounds. I told her the 69 was Ok, but now I wanted to try a Doggy Style... Pale Ale that is from Flying Dog.

This place gets 5 9's from me for great food, beer, service & atmosphere. Plus the happy hour price on most of the beers is $2.50 a pint (except for some of the hi-gravity really special beers).

I will go back next time I'm in Rhode Island.

Being from Rhode Island, I can atest to many afternoons enjoying $2.50 pints and a free buffett, two for one burger nights, etc. It's truely a great place!

I forgot about the free buffet. They were bringing in great pizza from their wood fired brick oven and guys were scarfing it down and chasing it with craft beers.

A true wonder to behold. I'm off to the Gingerman in Austin for the monthly homebrew club meeting. Another fine beer establishment with an awesome tap wall.

gma1.jpg

They let us hold our meetings out back in the beer garden.

gma2.jpg

It's kinda funny. I was at Mews Tavern yesterday, and I saw the signs you posted above, and said aloud "I know I've seen these somewhere" but, I had never been there before. I searched on HBT, and found this thread. I must have seen your post months ago.

We didn't have much time, as we were in between a wedding ceremony and reception, but I did enjoy a Magic Hat Jinx, and some great buffalo tenders. Nice place! I was in heaven. I was also drooling over the pile of sanke's by the back door. Do you think United Airlines would count a keg as luggage?

Mew's is a staple visit every time I'm in Kingston, RI.

Yeah, I gotta get a pair of those signs for my brewhaus. Have a safe trip back home!

The good news is, SWMBO is from Narragansett, RI, and we'll be going back up there for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to try some new beers. Being that I only had time for one beer, I played it safe and went with a beer that I knew I loved. Next time, I'll definitely try a few new ones.

I was in Rhode Island all week and took some clients out to dinner. I asked if they new of place that served good beer. They recommended Mew's Tavern in Wakefield, RI. What a place.

I will go back next time I'm in Rhode Island.

Also stop at Track 84 in Warwick. I'm assuming you flew to RI? The Track is located across the street from the airport. You won't be disappointed with their selection.

The Mews is definitely my local favorite. Was just there last weekend (whale tail ale and the warsteiner). Always an excellent beer selection which they keep changing so there are always new beers to try.

Great food (The Rancho Relaxo pizza is A1). The wait time can get quite long for dinner (especially while URI is in session).

The 'upstairs' bar has just been revamped from a martini bar to an irish style pub, though I haven't quite made it up there, I'm sure it is quite nice.

Wow....that is about one of the coolest scenes i have ever seen. that reminds me of a mexican buffet we had here. whenever u needed something delivered to your table u would simply raise a flag on your table and the servers would bring whatever you needed to you. the food was horrible but the service was good......

Back