Today marks my 5th year in the military....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Displaced MassHole

Reaction score
Holy crap does time fly by!!!!! I never thought five years ago when I was on the plane to chicago for boot camp that I'd be where I am today. September 26, 2003 was the day I joined the Navy with no clue as to what I should expect. Well since then I've moved to the other side of the country, got married and now have a 2 year old son. To think that before all this I was going nowhere, smokin pot and drinking everyday. Cant say that I'm completely in love with the military, but it sure has made me the man I am today.....Cheers :mug:

Holy crap does time fly by!!!!! I never thought five years ago when I was on the plane to chicago for boot camp that I'd be where I am today.

Great lakes!
When I was a teenager, I was in the sea cadets

I went to a 21 day simulated boot camp there. Basically, we did everything the Navy recruits did. There are so many sounds, smells, and sensations that stick with me to this day from that place, like the way you can smell the mess hall from 200 yards away, LOL

Just wait. October 2nd marks 22 years for me. You go from 5 years to 20 years in the blink of an eye it seems.

One suggestion I always give people is to NEVER stop working towards your degree and a possible commission. It does not matter if it takes you 4 years or 15 years, you will still get that degree and possibly get commissioned. In the end you will come out on top.

Back