Who's brewing on Black Friday?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imperial pale ale with honey malt and Amarillo, galaxy and wakuta (spelling) hops.

Pretty excited to brew.

Good luck to everyone else and happy thanksgiving.

Cheers

Dang, I have an orange vanilla creme ale to brew but now I want to brew my black IPA. Call it Black Friday, and have a label with three richly dressed demons trampling over the tiny Timbot from futurama while reaching for the last sale item. The logo; We brewed this beer rather then journeying into the gates of hell. Enjoy.

Dang, I have an orange vanilla creme ale to brew but now I want to brew my black IPA. Call it Black Friday, and have a label with three richly dressed demons trampling over the tiny Timbot from futurama while reaching for the last sale item. The logo; We brewed this beer rather then journeying into the gates of hell. Enjoy.

Damn you! Now I feel like I have to do the same!

Yup. Sunday for me. Gonna give Palmers Elevenses using 1# of smoked wheat I have. It looks like it could be good.

Just mashed in at 5:55 am. Doing a ridiculously high Vienna & crystal experiment BIAB style.

I'll brave the insanity long enough to get to Northern Brewer MKE for some grain and yeast, then hunker in for what I hope to become a birthday tradition of annually brewing a RIS. This one will be my first though.

I'll brave the insanity long enough to get to Northern Brewer MKE for some grain and yeast, then hunker in for what I hope to become a birthday tradition of annually brewing a RIS. This one will be my first though.

Good luck on the road & I think that would be a fine tradition.

Unfortunately I managed to forget the most important part of brewing beer at my place...

WATER!!!!

My tap water sucks and so I usually go with bottled water... Not about to go brave the shopping world for water...

I gotta bottle my cream ale today then I'm brewing AHS Alaskan Amber clone.

I am 30 minutes into the mash of sundowners Jalapeño Cream Ale. A 10 gallon batch. :cross:

Currently have my brown ale base boiling down (made a mistake and have an extra half gallon or so that needs to boil off) for my apple ale.

It's so nice brewing on a holiday off from work, get to drink beer all day and brew and then play video games. Super excited for this apple ale and I've been putting off this brew day for too long. Cracked open a bottle of a honey wheat ale from a kit I brewed for my father (I have to take a toll of 3 bottles) and one of my Mulberry (with a handful of gooseberries) Wheat.

Hey guys, new to homebrew talk but figured I'd jump in brewing a weizenbock in the morning with Trinidad scorpion peppers. Pretty excited. Has anyone had any experience with these peppers? Don't want to make it too hot. Cheers

I didn't brew today, but tomorrow I am brewing a bitter Blonde. Something that hopefully has the punch of an IPA, but lighter in calories and ABV. guess we will see how it turns out...:rockin:

I didn't brew today but I got everything I need to do a PTY clone tomorrow. Also moved my double IPA into a secondary on the first of two rounds of dry hops.

Quaker said:

Inspired by another thread, I did a partygyle for the first time. I used my first runnings for 4 gallons of the RIS. Then used the remainder plus a pound of lactose and 4oz of cocoa for a full 5 gallon batch of milk stout. I used my flameout hops from the RIS as FWH bittering in the milk stout. Ended up with over 5 gallons of the milk stout, so used the extra to bring my RIS closer to 5 gallons. I had overshot my RIS OG, so this brought it back down to the target.

I'm hoping I don't need a blow off, because I fly to Hungary tomorrow and won't be back for 3 weeks.

I am a definite fan of the partygyle process now. I expect I'll do it relatively frequently in the future instead of a full 10 gallon batch of one beer.

I had all sorts of excuses to brew yesterday. Besides having the day off, I needed to give my fermentation chamber its first true run :D I got a recipe (DME with specialty grains) from my LHBS for a good stout that was around 7%. Came out with a nice dark coloring and an OG of 1.082.

Latest posts

Back