What to Print on?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't label anymore unless they're being given away. It was a waste of time to label something that only I'm going to see. When I did label, I would buy labels from onlinelabels.com They sell a removeable label that's the perfect size for bottles.

I had a hard time getting them off after soaking, but I found that if you peel the labels off before they get wet...they come right off.

I just went back to the site and noticed they carry weatherproof labels now, that's awesome. I may have to pick a few up. http://www.onlinelabels.com/ol500.htm

Their are a couple of threads on this already.

I just use regular printer paper. I print the labels on a color laser and stick them on with milk or a glue stick.

As already mentioned there a few choices out there. You can print on any plain paper stock you want and use milk, glue stick, spray adhesive, etc. That opens up a lot of creativity since you can make them any shape you want (as long as you're OK with cutting them out) and use cool papers like, linen, parchment, craft, etc. Or print onto label stock. The weather proof are more expensive but they are polyester, so they stay intact as you pull them off; so even without the removable adhesive they are easily removed. The only thing I can think of to mention is make sure your printer will print as far to the edge of the paper as the label stock you get (some label sheets are cut right to the edge, some have a border of 1/2 inch, others have a border less than 1/4 inch which your printer may not be able to print to ( I hope that made sense...it's early:) ).

Back