Brew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsalot

Reaction score
I cheap and broke, I spend all my money on grains and I want a brew stand. Can anybody throw me some threads or pitch an idea for a cheap brew stand that will not collapse or cumbust in to a million little fireballs?
:drunk:

I work at a lumber yard so I asked for some of the crappy lumber that we place under the units of wood and built a brewstand. Its ghetto as hell but it works. If you know anyone that works around lumber you might want to ask them if they have a cull pile. Or if you know of a housing project you can go dumpster diving for spare lumber.

Home Depot will often throw away the wood that is used to bundle lumber together. It's oddball sizes (somewhere around 2x3" and they run maybe
3'- 3 1/2' in length. The most common I see are the pressure treated variety.

Old picnic tables, or other type of tables work well. Go to the Salvation Army or Good Will. Also check out Free Cycle for tables. Old ladders and wood.

The county dump is also a good place to find wood, scrap iron. Ask a wielder if he would consider trading some beer for some wielding.

I'd also say talk to the manager about old display shelving and carts that they may not need anymore. The Lowes by me has somewhat of a graveyard of old carts and stuff and it looks like a recycling truck picks it up about once a month. Maybe they get paid for it, maybe not. Just ask.

Alright will do, I hope it looks crappier than I plan, its character right

Back