Remember this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems they made one of everything.

1966-67%20Ford%20Bronco%20&%20Trailer%201.JPG

tried to see if this was already up but short on time this morning and 56 pages takes a bit . . .

540476_288661907885298_100002244721909_664439_1468473837_n.jpg

Jr College (1991) I had a 74 'Duster. A friend hooked me up with one of her buddies, that was a spoiled little rich girl, who had a brand new car. We were driving to dinner and I put my low beams on when a car passed.
Her: Wow, this car has automatic lights?
Me: What are you talking about?
Her: Your car's lights just changed and you didn't touch anything on the steering wheel.

:drunk:

I should have really messed with her and hit the manual foot operated windshield washer pump

I haven't seen this posted yet.

pull-tab.JPG

i remember as a kid, it seemed like there were always huge piles of those laying on the roadside- like someone had raked them up, collected and dumped them, or they had just naturally found their way back to one another...

That was a problem that BEGGED for fixing, CGVT. No beverage should need a tool other than your canine teeth to open.

I don't know. There was something about the ritual and the feeling of taking care of your fellow man if you happened to be the guy that carried one around and had it readily available when the call came...

I fully understand why my father would periodically lock the TV up in his closet to force us into doing something more productive. And you never said you were "bored". Bored = extra chores. We went out and found stuff to do.

static said:
I fully understand why my father would periodically lock the TV up in his closet to force us into doing something more productive. And you never said you were "bored". Bored = extra chores. We went out and found stuff to do.

I like your perspective. I have never once in my life been bored... with or without computers. Maybe once or twice in school but left to my own devices, never!

tried to see if this was already up but short on time this morning and 56 pages takes a bit . . .

540476_288661907885298_100002244721909_664439_1468473837_n.jpg

I wish cars still had those! I learned to drive in a '76 Chevelle that had that. Why in the world did they move it to the steering column?

^^^Yuppers! It was probably a Chevy truck...and it engaged the starter!

glenn514:mug:

Oops, I got egg on my face...I thought is was the foot switch that controlled the high beams! Do you guys remember that?

Old-School-Job-Search-Methods.jpg

Remember how it was BEFORE we carried a phone/gizmo with more computing power than Apollo 11 in your pocket?

that is one of the oddest changes in such a short time - it really wasn't that long ago that they were everywhere... then there were the pager years- when drug dealers hung around banks of pay phones like mosquitoes at a fetid swamp

My mother comes in my room and says, "Just look at this mess! This is a pig sty!"

Now, I've already been in the room five hours, and she wants me to LOOK at it.

hqdefault.jpg

Woh - pictures are much more dramatic once I got back home and off the droid. little pics of phone booths have so much bigger meaning on the big screen now :D.

And the brights belong down there other than the salty erosion negating their functionality. When you have an "oh ****" moment you naturally hit the floorboard with your foot; as opposes to a blinker pull. :p

Oops, I got egg on my face...I thought is was the foot switch that controlled the high beams! Do you guys remember that?

+1, what the hell else is that but a high beam switch? edumucate please ( or resuscitate brain matter)

No egg needed. To the left side it was the high beam switch but some manufactures used a similar switch that was mounted on the transmission tunnel as a start switch in some trucks. Dodge did it quite a bit as well as GM and Jeep.

big15.JPG

Can't believe this hasn't been listed yet. Did anyone else have one? I used to play for hours with this.

Armitron, good times. That and the battery club. 2 best things about radio shack. Well that and they would let you drive the RC cars around the store.

Woh - pictures are much more dramatic once I got back home and off the droid. little pics of phone booths have so much bigger meaning on the big screen now :D.

And the brights belong down there other than the salty erosion negating their functionality. When you have an "oh ****" moment you naturally hit the floorboard with your foot; as opposes to a blinker pull. :p

right on brother! that's why i tap my feet!

big15.JPG

Can't believe this hasn't been listed yet. Did anyone else have one? I used to play for hours with this.

Yeah, hubby and I both had these as kids. Don't know what happened to mine ; his we gave to Goodwill before moving to Portland a few years ago. Fun times...

No egg needed. To the left side it was the high beam switch but some manufactures used a similar switch that was mounted on the transmission tunnel as a start switch in some trucks. Dodge did it quite a bit as well as GM and Jeep.

Like this one?
IMG_0180.jpg

Remember this guy?

I sure do! My wife is a HUGE "Bones" fan. When I told her that the premise of Bones was a spin off of this show she had to see it. "Q" is the original forensic anthropologist! I love watching MeTV for the old reruns of when TV was worth watching.

Guess I need to actually add another...

Not Transformers:
gobots.jpg

Back