Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pouring a pint in remembrance to the aborted beer what never got a chance to be...

so this is my rig, brauclone type thing, added the winch, cause I'm gettin old and my back is crap. Only change I'd make would be a wider stand, the current stand will tip if you swing the winch around too far. However it has tabs at the feet to bolt it down, I just need to stop reorganising the shed every 6months. 20150110_101825.jpg

Just did an initial water test and tuned the "PIDs" last night. A Kal clone with a 30A panel using Strange Brew Elsinore on a Raspberry Pi in place of the usual PID controllers. We will be adding a relay to allow the RaspPi to switch the pumps on and off via the web interface as well. Pretty fun brewing using your iPad!

image2.jpeg

image5.jpeg

Just did an initial water test and tuned the "PIDs" last night. A Kal clone with a 30A panel using Strange Brew Elsinore on a Raspberry Pi in place of the usual PID controllers. We will be adding a relay to allow the RaspPi to switch the pumps on and off via the web interface as well. Pretty fun brewing using your iPad!

Looks great!

Willing to be the answer will be, that he used manufactured sizes and needed the fitting to connect the 2 nipples.

Swapped the casters for 4 inch ones. Rebuilt the gas system and added 2 banjo burners. Added control panel with BrewPi Spark on board and a Honeywell Smart Valve. With a new coat of paint it's come a long ways... do you ever stop working on your stand?

20150610_120208.jpg

DSC_0927.jpg

Last edited:
Behold the BODINENSTEIN!

Jethro Bodine was into homebrewing and needed a cheap gravity-fed BIAB stand, so this is what he came up with. After moving to Beverly Hills, he realized he needed an all-copper counterflow wort chiller, so he got Uncle Jed to buy him a $200 Chillzilla and mounted it on an old board.

I won mine in the The HomeBrewTalk 2015 Big Giveaway, but I did mount it on an old board.

11217168_10153261091145813_1597894519831990492_n.jpg

For real...that VW is real nice. Oh...and nice looking set up. :D

Off topic warning - +1, on the bug, I love old VW's. I had a '65 bus when I started brewing (hence the Microbus name) and my first car was a '57 Ghia with an 1835cc engine and dual Dellortos...probably the only car I wish I never sold.

Swapped the casters for 4 inch ones. Rebuilt the gas system and added 2 banjo burners. Added control panel with BrewPi Spark on board and a Honeywell Smart Valve. With a new coat of paint it's come a long ways... do you ever stop working on your stand?

Looks like some great improvements! I personally like always making improvements to my stand.

Omfg I think i may of fainted that is one killer mood setting brew area my friend many props killer set up

Back