Goose Island may partner with Budweiser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope it doesn't change anything. The Lienie's/Miller partnership helped Lienenkugel, but it killed Celis down in Texas.

The Lienie's/Miller partnership helped Lienenkugel

Yeah it got Lienie's a whole bunch of exposure and a nice new brewery about 5 minutes from Millers brewery here in Milwaukee . . . .real nice too I got to prefire plan it about 7 years ago and they had us all come back after our shift and gave everyone on the rig 4 cases of our choice :). Think the majority of Lienie's brewing now is here in Milwaukee now and not in Chipawa Falls, not sure though would actually have to look

Rhoobarb said:
I just hope it doesn't change anything. The Lienie's/Miller partnership helped Lienenkugel, but it killed Celis down in Texas.

hey Rhoob, i was in Fredericksburg, TX this past weekend (near Blanco, home of Real Ale Brewing Co.) and got to talking to one of the wine/beer shop owners on Main St. said the founder/brewer of Celis (can't remeber his name) has been working w/ the guy's at Real Ale, working on some Belgian brews. he'd been back in Belgium brewing, and maybe doing something when Real Ale moves into their new place in early '06.......:cool:

Pierre Celis. Damn good beer they made; we used to be able to get it all the way up here. Loved the Grand Cru! It would be great to see Pierre return to a Texas brewery again!

My parents toured his brewery back when Celis was still open in Austin. I still have a tee shirt they brought me from there. It's pretty well worn. I sometimes wear it to brew in.:)

Next time I'm in Milwaukee, I'd like to tour the Lienie's brewery and Sprecher. I always really wanted to tour the Lienie's C.F. facility! And someday. maybe the Point brewery in Stevens Point, assuming they still give tours.

Back