What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A batch of cider pitched on the yeast cake is what's new.

It's not in the fermenter, but I've got some banana soda, and some mango soda carbing.

C'mon Q. You're better than calling homebrew Lambic aren't you?

I wouldn't do so in front of Jean Van Roy, if that's what you're asking.

But if I ever end up making a proper coolshiped barrel aged spontaneously fermented ~30% unmalted wheat aged hop turbid mashed sour ale, you're goddamned right I'm gonna call it a Lambic. But in the mean time, that's what it tastes like, and "pLambic" sounds dumb. :mug:

I wouldn't do so in front of Jean Van Roy, if that's what you're asking.

But if I ever end up making a proper coolshiped barrel aged spontaneously fermented ~30% unmalted wheat aged hop turbid mashed sour ale, you're goddamned right I'm gonna call it a Lambic. But in the mean time, that's what it tastes like, and "pLambic" sounds dumb. :mug:

Lamebic. Self humbling and hillarious. Turbid mash is surpisingly easy if you follow 'wyeast' schedule in Wild Brews. & it's 40% raw wheat. ;)

Lamebic. Self humbling and hillarious. Turbid mash is surpisingly easy if you follow 'wyeast' schedule in Wild Brews. & it's 40% raw wheat. ;)

It's on my list of things to get to. Once I move in the spring, a turbid mashed "lamebic" is one of the first things to happen.

I don't remember the turbid mash instructions in that book being that helpful, but then again, I can't remember much at the moment. Hah. I'll have to reread that section tomorrow.

It's on my list of things to get to. Once I move in the spring, a turbid mashed "lamebic" is one of the first things to happen.

I don't remember the turbid mash instructions in that book being that helpful, but then again, I can't remember much at the moment. Hah. I'll have to reread that section tomorrow.

Whoops, not Wyeast schedule, that's the cheat plan on 142. Turbid mash is on 141 and maybe I got lucky, but I nailed all my temps, and overshot OG .004.

Spread the lamebic love. that and stirpool are my contributions the homebrewer lexicon so far. I'll be tackling turbid mash again at least once again this year and hopefully two-three times.

Four gallons of something... 1/2 Mr. Beer seasonal Farmhouse Ale (biere de saison) HME, and 1/2 BIAB from 2 lbs pilsner, 1 lb wheat malt, and 1 lb raw wheat. Pitched with the Belle Saison yeast Mr. Beer sent along with the HME.

Oh yes: the BIAB got Mt. Hood hops for an hour, and more of the same for the last ten minutes.

I have a (1Gal) Mosaic APA and a sort of (2Gal) kitchen sink DIPA with Simcoe Citra Amarillo and Magnum to bitter. Had to use up a few OZ before they went bad. Got it aging on new Oak Spirals now.

Brewed an extract chocolate honey porter and a partial grain English barleywine last Saturday. I pitched probably 600ml or so of washed wyeast 1084 into the porter, and within 8 hours, it was fermenting very aggressively.

Made my first starter for the barleywine, but forgot to calculate pitch volume for a higher gravity beer. This is my biggest yet at 1.094. I used around half liter of wort for one pack of 1335 instead of almost 2.5 liters, and after almost 36 hours it's finally kicking off. Good thing it's showing signs too as I'm headed to the LHBS for a CO2 fill, was going to get more yeast for a bigger starter.

5 gallons of Clone Brews' Samuel Smith Taddy Porter clone. Very optimistic since I finally have pretty good temp control and it will ferment nice and low instead of fermenting a touch too hot.

Beer-lord said:
Got a fiver of Deep Ellum IPA and 6 gallons of Big Honkin Stout! With fall here, there's no better time to brew then now!
very nice !! Haven't been able to locate a recipe for the Deep Ellum ipa .. Would love to find a mini mash or partial recipe of that and DEBC's Dream crusher too

I got 6 gallons of Christmas Ale in the fermentation chamber yesterday.

ChristmasAle.jpg

5 gal. of cider and 2-1gal. joam. First real cider and mead. In a week when I get home first beer, IPA. So good to be finally brewing.

Have a Wee Heavy conditioning, Fat Tire clone will get kegged by end of the week and by evening tomorrow a BPA. Want to get my winter beers pipeline finished before it gets too cold here.

Gotta take 2nd FG on my Midwest Traditional Stout brew today. Hoping the numbers match so I can rack it to secondary on the bourbon soaked white oak. Then I could bottle next Tuesday for the holidays. Next up will be robust porter with vanilla. The first of two batches of IPA ashould be nearly readt for fridge time 11/1.

6.5 gal Christmas Ale
15 gallons of cider (3 different kinds at 5 gallons each)
1 gal Apple peach wine
1 gal grape cranberry wine
1 gal rhubarb Mead
1 gal rhubarb/strawberry Mead

10 gallons of export-strength stout. Half will be dosed with lactose, cocoa nibs and fresh spearmint leaves in a few days, the other half will be left au natural.

Latest posts

Back