Great weekend!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My hockey team did ok in the tournament, and we took 3rd. Not bad for a bunch of skinny old ladies!

Here's a picture of my team (with an extra person) with the Stanley Cup on Saturday:
DSCF0574.jpg

I'm in the back (dark hair), fondling the cup. The median age of the six ladies on my team was 44! (One was 27, three of us mid-40s or higher, two in their 50s).

Nice Yoop! Some of my teammates went to Tampa to play a tourney, went 3-1.

We're already practicing, first match is March 14th. Pictures will abound.

ya know that this means you can never win it right?:D

seriously i hate you for being able to touch it even if there wasn't a wing with it.

Uh...did you touch/kiss/fondle the cup BEFORE or after the tourney????

You do know it's bad luck for a player to touch the cup before they take the ice, right? A lot of AHL, and IHL players refuse to pose or touch it for fear of never actually getting to win it...

Either way...the pics are great :D

You do realize some enterprising and bored photoshop genuis COULD photoshop the cup outta there and have you just standing there holding that there LITE BEER.......:D

Any of 'em single? Yeah, I'm desperate.........

Nope. Not a one on my team. All of us are either married or otherwise occupied. We did have a great time, though! There were 200 teams of 6 players, and only 16 of those teams were women's team. Believe me, we had plenty of attention.

I touched the cup after 2 wins- but we lost in the semifinal the next day! I guess it was bad luck, but it was so worth it!

ok, you goofballs!

First of all, if you're going to photoshop me, at least make me look attractive, ok? I would prefer to be tall, thin, young, and blonde. Thanks!

And.........I really, really like Heidi, so I have no issues with kissing her. She was my "roomie" and she's awesome. She's very petite, and makes me look like a giant, all size 6 of me.

Oh, and since I'm now heavily into my "hockey recovery mode" (otherwise known as drinking away the pains), I'm going to tell those of you who think I'm a huge Amazon woman that I'm pretty petite. Here's a candid of me and two of my teammates (one is under 5 feet tall, the other slightly taller than I am) in line for something with the rest of the hockey players:

DSCF0567.jpg
I have all of my gear on, beside the skates and shin pads, and am standing next to a "normal" sized guy. I'm on the left (dark hair).

Here we are, right after our first game:
DSCF0564.jpg

So, nice women- not a butch dyke in the bunch. We're all small skinny old ladies, except for the one 27-year-old new skater. She's tiny, too, but young at least!

Back