odd ball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemishot

Reaction score
being my first brew experience, I was very generous with my beer. Anyone who wanted a bottle, got a bottle. Out of 48 bottles of Brewers Best Irish Stout, I had one bottle that, after sitting for 3 weeks, tasted like river water. Every other bottle was great tasting. It had a tight seal and the bottle was cleaned like the rest. Anyone ever have this problem? Thanks in advance!

could it have been the first or last bottle you filled? maybe difference in amount of sugar, carbonation, crud? could have just got contaminated during bottling or had some crud left from last brew and the rest turned out fine.

i have very little difference bottle to bottle any more now that i mix and sanitize properly, but there are always slight variations.

Being a city boy I haven't drank from a river in quite a while and now I don't intend to. That last bottle might have sucked up some trub/hops.

hemishot said:
being my first brew experience, I was very generous with my beer. Anyone who wanted a bottle, got a bottle. Out of 48 bottles of Brewers Best Irish Stout, I had one bottle that, after sitting for 3 weeks, tasted like river water. Every other bottle was great tasting. It had a tight seal and the bottle was cleaned like the rest. Anyone ever have this problem? Thanks in advance!
That kit was my first brew also. It's in the carboy now so I wont get to drink it for another month..

I hope it's good.

Back