A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mango Hard lemonade courtesy of @Pianoman

This is real nice and crisp. I still liked the raspberry one made with saison yeast the best out of the several ones you sent me (who can guess why?). But every one of them has been very good

Also, tried the one labeled "Sweet Stout, bottled 4-12. I figured at the lower abv it would be ok to go. Nice balance of roast, chocolate, good mouthfeel. What yeast did you use in this? I got a tiny bit of that tangy tinge that my stouts/porters would have when I used WLP004/WY#whatever/Guiness yeast. Still waiting on trying those big stouts you sent me but looking forward to it

05231620081.jpg

Scrap, corn is already 5 for $1 and it isn't even in season yet. Olathe sweetcorn will be coming in soon and is usually 4-5-6+ ears/$1.

Thanks, exactly. That is what I was trying to say, but blundered. Last time I grew corn they got this bug and the stuff to kill it was like $9. That's a lot of ears at the store. Our colorado corn is good no? I wonder how it compares?

Thanks, exactly. That is what I was trying to say, but blundered. Last time I grew corn they got this bug and the stuff to kill it was like $9. That's a lot of ears at the store. Our colorado corn is good no? I wonder how it compares?

Olathe sweetcorn is good when it's fresh and peak season. I think Indiana sweetcorn is probably a little better, but there probably is some nostalgia-bias going on there. In truth, I probably couldn't tell the difference.

4 strawberry
3 egg plants
1 bananna pepper
1 poblano (these do well)
3 various bell pepper (never have let sit long enough to turn colors)
1 sweet pepper
4 basic tomato plants
2 cherry tomato
3 lettuce
3 spinach
6 broccoli
3 brussel sprouts
4 green bean plants
2 cillantro
2 basil
1 red lettuce

I think this is about it more or less. They are in 1 3 and 7 gallon grow bags. The pools are self watering and I have been posting on a garden thread that will be easy to find if you are curious for more.

Im trying to grow things that are plentiful and grow well here. Also things that aren't super cheap to buy, like corn. This year I have a lot of seed going as well. My favorites are the eggplant and green beans. Haven't found a good place to do squash yet. I want to grow hops next!

Glad to hear you're having a good trip. Look forward to seeing what kind of pizza and beer you got into today.

Lots of good stuff! Only have ever grown some basics like some tomatoes, cucumbers, some wild wild lettuce, and some herbs like basil and rosemary.

Had lunch and beer at Pinthouse Pizza today. Good pizza - had the cannonball, essentially a meat lovers type pizza. I think I tasted all of their pale and IPA's, and thought all were quite delicious. Thanks for the recommendation, @PianoMan! The electric jelly fish was great. They also just tapped a wit, which my wife had 2 of. Finished off with the "sassy" something or the other (an imperial IPA), which, as goofy as the name sounded, was a delicious ~8% ipa. Liked this lineup way better than ABGB. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1464061189.835319.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1464061204.727480.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1464061229.888547.jpg

@blizzard ever been down towards Olathe its pretty. The black canyon of the gunnison is there to.

@qhrumphf sup, been brewing much.

Mango Hard lemonade courtesy of @Pianoman

This is real nice and crisp. I still liked the raspberry one made with saison yeast the best out of the several ones you sent me (who can guess why?). But every one of them has been very good

Also, tried the one labeled "Sweet Stout, bottled 4-12. I figured at the lower abv it would be ok to go. Nice balance of roast, chocolate, good mouthfeel. What yeast did you use in this? I got a tiny bit of that tangy tinge that my stouts/porters would have when I used WLP004/WY#whatever/Guiness yeast. Still waiting on trying those big stouts you sent me but looking forward to it

That mango is probably ultra dry by now. Sweet Stout was London 1968. If you have one label B4, that's not my best, but was the first without dark grain astringency..so was an improvement from previous batches. Thanks m00ps for trying!

Coffee before an early morning Emergency Response Team training class.

Good morning, @pianoman i love the variety you brew.

@blizzard sorry i thought you were new here in colorado.

Had lunch and beer at Pinthouse Pizza today. Good pizza - had the cannonball, essentially a meat lovers type pizza. I think I tasted all of their pale and IPA's, and thought all were quite delicious. Thanks for the recommendation, @PianoMan! The electric jelly fish was great. They also just tapped a wit, which my wife had 2 of. Finished off with the "sassy" something or the other (an imperial IPA), which, as goofy as the name sounded, was a delicious ~8% ipa. Liked this lineup way better than ABGB.

Glad you had a good time, saved the best for last, eh? I'll have to try the cannonball, I usually get pepperoni/basil.

My dipa was a spitting image of that Sassy (not intended) for the 1st week, it's gone onion on me tho. (??)

Recreational camping and hiking. My wife and I used to hike every day when camping. Mostly because we need the exercise :). But with a 2 year old and 4 year old I'm not sure. I used to hike with my son in a pack, but since my herniated disc I'm not sure I can withstand the pain. Or I guess better said it might send me into a relapse. I would love to 4 wheel but don't know where to go or how to. Did you say 4 wheel camping what is that? Have you spent much time where we're going could you recommend anything? The vehicle is a 98 4 Runner.

Some people I have meet will take their 4x4's and go camp out on the Rubicon trail at one of the lakes for the weekend and I want to go wheel moab before the environmentalists force the Feds to make the whole area a wilderness preserve.

Wow pianoman, that is cool! My kids would love that. You're pretty handy with a saw ehh? Nice work. Put Scrabble letters on top of the wall and have the kids climb up and pick a letter and then climb down trying to form words. Just an idea. Any tips on hard lemonades and such. I looked up some recipes but they all had vodka and fruit I don't think that's what I'm looking for is it. Wish I was your neighbor because I know you love to brew beer and I love to drink it!

Some people I have meet will take their 4x4's and go camp out on the Rubicon trail at one of the lakes for the weekend and I want to go wheel moab before the environmentalists force the Feds to make the whole area a wilderness preserve.

Oh it's cool, it's unreal. Even better is the Canyonlands for you I think. It has three or four sections I can't remember, but one of them is called the maze and it's just a giant territory for only four wheeling. The trails are labeled and mapped if I'm correct. Your permit covers camping in there to. Here's a pic of where we are camping I have never been there and some pictures of arches

View attachment 1464129109289.jpg

View attachment 1464129121292.jpg

Oh it's cool, it's unreal. Even better is the Canyonlands for you I think. It has three or four sections I can't remember, but one of them is called the maze and it's just a giant territory for only four wheeling. The trails are labeled and mapped if I'm correct. Your permit covers camping in there to. Here's a pic of where we are camping I have never been there and some pictures of arches

I have been there. Remember to not step on the dirt. You can get fined for stepping on the living dirt crust or some such.

Wow pianoman, that is cool! My kids would love that. You're pretty handy with a saw ehh? Nice work. Put Scrabble letters on top of the wall and have the kids climb up and pick a letter and then climb down trying to form words. Just an idea. Any tips on hard lemonades and such. I looked up some recipes but they all had vodka and fruit I don't think that's what I'm looking for is it. Wish I was your neighbor because I know you love to brew beer and I love to drink it!

That scrabble is a great idea! Message about Lemonaid heading your way. Yes, I need drinking neighbors..

Glad you had a good time, saved the best for last, eh? I'll have to try the cannonball, I usually get pepperoni/basil.

My dipa was a spitting image of that Sassy (not intended) for the 1st week, it's gone onion on me tho. (??)

The pepperoni/basil was our 2nd choice. Really good hoppy beer there. Ran out of time, but wanted to try the stouts and darker varieties. To my disappointment, they don't have bottles or cans to sell, just growlers or kegs (and I don't have any keg setup).

The pepperoni/basil was our 2nd choice. Really good hoppy beer there. Ran out of time, but wanted to try the stouts and darker varieties. To my disappointment, they don't have bottles or cans to sell, just growlers or kegs (and I don't have any keg setup).

You got the highlights. Ipas are their specialty. Speaking of PHP..Sierra Nevada Beer Camp tap take over, along with php blood orange and SN Sweet Sunny South, but highlight was Bomb on tap!!

View attachment 1464135558022.jpg

View attachment 1464135565779.jpg

View attachment 1464135573040.jpg

View attachment 1464135580348.jpg

I have been there. Remember to not step on the dirt. You can get fined for stepping on the living dirt crust or some such.

Haha, This is a huge inside joke with my wife and i. DONT STEP ON THE CRYPTOBIOTIC SOIL! The sign is epic, we're alive.

So i did it. I finally played a decent game of softball. My buddy was like you always wanted to pitch, you ready? And i was like yeeeaaa? Scared as hell actually. Pitched great, actually hit well, we won. Super rare i play well.

@pianoman thanks. I love hard lemonade and such very much. That station 26 single hop is THE beer can I was talking about . At the brewery it just wasn't as good. Which makes me wonder if they juice the cans because hops are expensive. Let me know what you think of it, I liked it. Is that the Chinook or the mosaic? Those austin beers look great. Gotta get down there, your backyard that is ;).

@brewinbromanite thanks, i enjoyed your trip too. Btw- Papapapapapapow.

That station 26 single hop is THE beer can I was talking about . Let me know what you think of it, I liked it. Is that the Chinook or the mosaic?

It was top notch. Bit malty but seemed to work out well. Wasn't paying much attention to reading the can, but definitely not mosaic.

I am able to acknowledge and appreciate your wit cadjockey. That said I don't think I understand it. I think my brother would find you funny and you two would be friends.

How long have you been a vegan for? I was vegetarian for like 12 years but I couldn't get by on Cheerios, bean burritos and Doritos anymore. I just didn't eat the right type of vegetarian diet.

Did he have a good trip Piano Man? Coming up is a cool time to be here. The snow covering our Peaks which form the Rio Grande and Colorado River starts to melt and creates awesome Rapids.

Did he have a good trip Piano Man? Coming up is a cool time to be here. The snow covering our Peaks which form the Rio Grande and Colorado River starts to melt and creates awesome Rapids.

Yes, pics of their hiking was awesome, hit snow level.. somewhere. Beautiful country. See how my plans for a late summer trip fan out..

Back