STC-1000 Terminal Broken

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagee23

Reaction score
A friend of mine recently gave me a pretty nice 15 cu ft chest freezer and in hopes of turning it into a ferm chamber I order one of the stc-1000 temp controllers from ebay. I was pretty surprised when I recieved it in one week and started to get it hooked up that night. I was pretty dissapointed to find the screw in terminal one to be stripped completely out. It wont tighten down at all. All other terminals work fine. I contacted the seller on ebay and they said they were shipping out another terminal for me to install. Of course it has been over two weeks and I havent seen it and probably wont.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement terminal for these things or I am best to just take my $20 loss and order another controller?

Can you solder the wire in place? Insert wire and fill the hole with solder.

Not sure if it will hold but certainly worth a try before trashing the controller.

Like posted above, just get creative.

Either rip out the screw thats there entirely, and solder the wire in...or just leave the screw there and solder in from the wire side.

Back