Best Ingredients For Vodka Apology

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicelittletipple

Reaction score
Hi!

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, sorry if it isn't but it's the closest I could see (more wine than beer making).

Well, I want to make something close to Vodka, except in my country distilling spirits is illegal while brewing is lawful. So, what I really want to do is to brew up something that contains water, alcohol and as little other stuff as possible. I expect to only get something like 18-21% alcohol, but I'm hoping to get the vodka clean taste to go with it. I've read some other posts on the forum and think I might want to use Lalvin EC-118 and some commercial guff recommended something called "Vodka Star". I understand Turbo Yeast is no good as it makes things taste nasty, and I want something that tastes as clean as I can get it without distilling and without having to fanny about with it too much.

I've never done any brewing before but have read up some procedures, what would you recommend I use for the ingredients?

And if you have any tips for cleaning it up afterwards that don't involve freezing or distilling then thanks!

Back