Keg freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspence1

Reaction score
I bought this keg fridge. It's a converted upright freezer. It works well but it's slow to cool. I'm planning on adding a fan inside to pass air over the cooling plate. Like the fan I stuck in there is doing, it cut the cooling time by 60%. I'd like to use a 120v fan to keep things simple so I can have it go on and off with the compressor. Any kegging Jedi out there who can give me some advice?

DSC06583.jpg

DSC06584.jpg

DSC06585.jpg

Glad I posted these pics I just noticed my pressure is still set at 30 psi. gotta turn that down.

Thanks
John

Trace the wiring from the main plug and at some point you will notice there are 2 separate leads. One lead goes to the common side of the thermostat and the other is your neutral. Just take one lead from the fan and wire it together with the neutral. Wire the other lead of the fan to the normally open contact of the thermostat which should already have a wire connected to the compressor. When the contacts on the thermostat close on a call for cooling it will power both.

Latest posts

Back