Should I use yeast energizer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bduane

Reaction score
I've read threads, many say with a bigger beer you might want to use yeast nutrient. I am making a founders breakfast stout clone that has an OG of 1.073. The recipe calls for adding some yeast nutrient at flameout, but i forgot that step. I know it will still be beer but I'm wanting to start working on my fermentation procedures.

I pitched the yeast 24 hours ago, it has been actively fermenting for about 12 hours. Any point in adding some yeast nutrient at this point?

The yeast "energizer" i have contains: Diammonium Phosphate, Yeast Hulls, Magnesium Sulphate, Vitamin B Complex.

i wouldn't add nutrient now, but you could if you boiled it in a very small amount of water first, then add that. but i wouldn't recommend it. in the future, i'd say add it to every boil, the Wyeast breand is $2.50 for a vial that will last many brews.

Alright thanks, I'll skip it and see how it turns out. I pitched 2 packets of us-05, which I'm sure is overkill anyways.

Back