SS conical fermentors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaltonBrewer

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers,

I am thinking about going with a ss conical Fermentor, in zymurgy magazine (may/june 2011 page 26) there is an ad for one for $299, from [email protected].

Does anyone have any experience with this company and this conical Fermentor?

DaltonBrewer

I actually just ordered one from eBay from this vendor. I should have it this week and will be tossing a smithwicks clone into it. Will let you know about the craftsmanship.

Mine arrived this weekend. Planning on giving it a cleaning today and getting it ready for a batch this Saturday. Will let you know how she holds. Arrived ding free and very shiny. The fermenter is all SS. The stand is flimsy, but practical. It should hold without issue.

Going to be draining my first batch into this fermenter this weekend. When I get set to drain the yeast, can I simply use the big 'ol flared piece on the end and drain into something sanitized or do I need to swap the tailpiece from the side drain and drain through that? Also, how long would you typically leave the yeast sitting in the conical before draining? I know this varies based on gravity and the like, but I did not know if there was some kind of guideline. For instance, if I typically leave my brews to ferment for 2 weeks, would I drain after 1 or drain at 2 and give it another week to settle out?

Prost!

I bought my first conical from him two years ago as a new brewer and loved it. The second one was bought six months ago. He is great to deal with and the product is top notch. I don't think he over states what it is. I plan on using mine for as long as live (I just truned the half century mark):mad:

Latest posts

Back