What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scrolling netflix for a movie w the family. Everyone agrees on Tomb Raider except my wife. "I just don't like Angelina Jolie in roles like that," says the wife. So I say--and in hindsight, here's where I go wrong--"Oh I like Angelina Jolie in any role."

Scrolling netflix for a movie w the family. Everyone agrees on Tomb Raider except my wife. "I just don't like Angelina Jolie in roles like that," says the wife. So I say--and in hindsight, here's where I go wrong--"Oh I like Angelina Jolie in any role."

Salvage with a non-sexual comment about Jennifer Aniston being better. The women identify more with the ex-wife that was wronged!

Having my last two New Holland Ichabods while I chill down my haul from today.

CameraZOOM-20140822201636351.jpg

_DSC3435.jpg

Good luck getting your foot out of your mouth with that one.

Peoples hopkilla and enjoying the hell out of it. Finally got away from opening the fridge for a picnic tap and put one on the door. Still don't have enough taps to fit my desires.... More than enough to fit my schedule. I need a brew day!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Okay - at some point, you and I need to get together, as I think we habituate the same places. Perks?

Nope. I haven't been there since we moved despite insisting that we go. I want a goddamned proper breakfast. Hah.

I remember going in there one early spring (ie still quite cold) morning, and I ordered an iced tea and the owner yelled out very loudly "ICED??????". Hilarious.

This was the "Classic Cigars and British Goodies" shop in Clarendon.

Also, Extra Perks doesn't sell Ribena (at least not since the last time I was in there). I asked him about it. He said there wasn't enough business to stock it. The Chipper on King St. does though. As does this place. Including the juice boxes. Which I have not seen on this side of the ocean.

Mmmm, me want! I have a reg Sculpin waiting for me in the fridge.

Regular sculpin is great also. I would offer you some but, it was one bottle limit. I had to drive around town to score 3 bottles and I live in southern CA. The bottle shop I frequent said the only got a 24pk of the grapefruit.

Regular sculpin is great also. I would offer you some but, it was one bottle limit. I had to drive around town to score 3 bottles and I live in southern CA. The bottle shop I frequent said the only got a 24pk of the grapefruit.

Wow... must be local distro only. Doubt I'll be seeing any out here on the east coast.

More of the BJCP studying. Seems I got a fresher Stone than the BJCP sample sheet, and a much older Hercules. Comments the same otherwise. I hadn't had the Hercules. I didn't like it. At all. How much is age I don't know, but I won't be having it again.

20140822_205640[1].jpg

20140822_210530[1].jpg

More of the BJCP studying. Seems I got a fresher Stone than the BJCP sample sheet, and a much older Hercules. Comments the same otherwise. I hadn't had the Hercules. I didn't like it. At all. How much is age I don't know, but I won't be having it again.

I'm intrigued by this. Do you score commercial beers and then pull up a seasoned judge's score sheet for that same beer and compare yours to theirs?

I'm intrigued by this. Do you score commercial beers and then pull up a seasoned judge's score sheet for that same beer and compare yours to theirs?

The BJCP has classic score sheets (every haven't looked at them all, but every one I've looked at was completed by Gordon Strong) of most of the classic examples listed in the guidelines. I'm studying by scoring the beer on my own, and then comparing to his sheet. Most of the beers I grabbed for this purpose have sheets to go by, but not all of them. Even then, just practicing the sheet is good.

So........yes.

Nope. I haven't been there since we moved despite insisting that we go. I want a goddamned proper breakfast. Hah.

I remember going in there one early spring (ie still quite cold) morning, and I ordered an iced tea and the owner yelled out very loudly "ICED??????". Hilarious.

This was the "Classic Cigars and British Goodies" shop in Clarendon.

Also, Extra Perks doesn't sell Ribena (at least not since the last time I was in there). I asked him about it. He said there wasn't enough business to stock it. The Chipper on King St. does though. As does this place. Including the juice boxes. Which I have not seen on this side of the ocean.

They used to. I work a block away, and they (still) make fun of me for my choices.

I do cringe at their treatment of beer bottles on the counter.

Wow! This is a great tasting brew. The grapefruit really shines. View attachment 219424

I need to watch their FB page and plan my work trips better.

Its on FB. PM me if youd like to see it.

Thanks, but....

Second pour of the Pocahoptas. The camera on this think is pointed the wrong way.

Had a sample of my tepache. First and last boozy drink of the week/night. Hoping tomorrow I'm so much better.

Ps I just watched a video for the ice bucket challenge and at the end they all yelled, "go ALS!" I immediately went...wtf?! And there was no ice in their bucket and two shared the same bucket of water.

Had a sample of my tepache. First and last boozy drink of the week/night. Hoping tomorrow I'm so much better.

Ps I just watched a video for the ice bucket challenge and at the end they all yelled, "go ALS!" I immediately went...wtf?! And there was no ice in their bucket and two shared the same bucket of water.

Sounds like these people don't know what ALS is.

The BJCP has classic score sheets (every haven't looked at them all, but every one I've looked at was completed by Gordon Strong) of most of the classic examples listed in the guidelines. I'm studying by scoring the beer on my own, and then comparing to his sheet. Most of the beers I grabbed for this purpose have sheets to go by, but not all of them. Even then, just practicing the sheet is good.

So........yes.

I'm further intrigued. Do nearly all the commercial beers score 40+?

I'm further intrigued. Do nearly all the commercial beers score 40+?

The classic examples, yes, and usually (but not always) to the upper 40s. If Zymurgy's "Commercial Calibration" section is any indication, seems that most commercial examples (not necessarily classic) of styles will score high 30s to low 40s.

I gave the Hercules a whopping 32, trying to accomodate for the fact that A) this was old as hell and B) counteract any bias since I really don't like Imperial IPAs. But there was very little hop flavor or aroma (for style), just a lot of oxidized malt, bitterness, and booze.

Until they have someone close to them who has gone through it, people will never truly understand.

Agreed. I have lost a grandmother (my father's mother), an aunt (my father's sister) and an uncle (my father's brother) to ALS. It's incredibly sad to witness. Such a slow and cruel way to go. It's really nice to see such a large sudden awareness. Only a few years ago, I found myself explaining it to people. Now more and more, I mention ALS and people respond with "Oh, yes I'm familiar with that".

Drinking another Flower Power getting ready to leave the restaurant. Need sleep before going to work tomorrow in another multimillion dollar home and serve drinks.

Agreed. I have lost a grandmother (my father's mother), an aunt (my father's sister) and an uncle (my father's brother) to ALS. It's incredibly sad to witness. Such a slow and cruel way to go. It's really nice to see such a large sudden awareness. Only a few years ago, I found myself explaining it to people. Now more and more, I mention ALS and people respond with "Oh, yes I'm familiar with that".

Drinking another Flower Power getting ready to leave the restaurant. Need sleep before going to work tomorrow in another multimillion dollar home and serve drinks.

I completely agree and sorry to heat that. My grandmother is currently battling a losing fight to ALS. I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy. Very hard to see. The ice bucket challenge seemed silly to me at first but you cant argue with results. Any money donated to find a cause and/or cure for such a terrible disease is a step in the right direction.

GD does one thing well, and that is stouts.

Their Yeti (et al) is pretty dayum gud. Other things... eh.

Makes me feel even better about my recent 36...assuming it's legit.

A 36 is a score to be proud of, for sure. That'll potentially get you a medal in a lot of competitions.

GD does one thing well, and that is stouts.

Their Yeti (et al) is pretty dayum gud. Other things... eh.

Completely and totally agree. I haven't had it in a long time, but the Oak Aged Yeti was my favorite IS for a while.

Sounds like these people don't know what ALS is.

We were just talking about this today at work. Our employees donated $19k this year to ALS--back in March, before the ice bucket challenge took off. All because we had a good employee present his case and how he had been personally touched by ALS.

I'm actually glad that the topic of conversation that comes up now is how people are just dumping water but not talking about how to donate or where to donate.

It's always a good jump to go from "internet slacktivism" to actual activism.

Back