What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee right now. Went to a craft beer bar last night and had:

-Two Roads Road Jam
-Flight of Lagunitas Night Time on cask, BA 3 Beans, Old Raspy, Arrogant Bastard
-Shot of Rogue Dead Guy whiskey

Got home and had 3 or 4 pints of Back in the Saddle IPA off the kegerator. Good night, but feeling pretty useless at work today.

Had some SNPA last night. Second coffee atm. Saison might be done finally. Dampfbier past initial fermentation this morning at 66F. It'd be nice to get to bottle the saison this weekend.

Fresh fruit protein shake after throwing some weights around.

1402054340688.jpg

Had a little too much last night so I'm currently trying to rehydrate and black coffee usually makes me feel much better

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Drinking coffee and getting pissed at myself. My autosiphon tubing had some nasties in it so I took it off and threw it away last week. I'm bottling tomorrow so stopped in at Lowes this morning to buy some more tubing...5/16". My ******* bought 5/16" OD, not 5/16" ID. It is so obviously too small [insert off color joke here] that I cannot believe how unobservant I am before my morning coffee.

OK, even though this is the least cool thing in that picture, where did you get that siphon clip? That is pretty awesome.

Honestly, I can't remember. If I figure out where I got this from and you need one, I'll send it to you - along with some beers, of course.

The Quad is tasting good after being on those cherries. The oak will put the finishing touch on this baby.

Drinking coffee and getting pissed at myself. My autosiphon tubing had some nasties in it so I took it off and threw it away last week. I'm bottling tomorrow so stopped in at Lowes this morning to buy some more tubing...5/16". My ******* bought 5/16" OD, not 5/16" ID. It is so obviously too small [insert off color joke here] that I cannot believe how unobservant I am before my morning coffee.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done that. I was in a hurry one time and just grabbed a roll of tubing thinking it was right without paying closer attention.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done that. I was in a hurry one time and just grabbed a roll of tubing thinking it was right without paying closer attention.

I'm guilty as well.

Ridire, you can buy those siphon clips from northern brewer. http://home-brewing.northernbrewer.com/search?asug=&view=grid&w=Auto+siphon+clip

I'm guilty as well.

Ridire, you can buy those siphon clips from northern brewer. http://home-brewing.northernbrewer.com/search?asug=&view=grid&w=Auto+siphon+clip

I suspected you could probably get them from the major online stores or even at the LHBS but it is something I never even thought of, so never looked. But it looks like it would make life a lot easier on bottling day...not that holding the siphon is that big of a deal for racking into the bottling bucket, but anything that allows me to multitask during bottling day is welcome.

I suspected you could probably get them from the major online stores or even at the LHBS but it is something I never even thought of, so never looked. But it looks like it would make life a lot easier on bottling day...not that holding the siphon is that big of a deal for racking into the bottling bucket, but anything that allows me to multitask during bottling day is welcome.

Drinking water. I got mine from my LHBS after I saw someone else's. Never saw them there in all my time browsing the merchandise. This was after I had made my own. It really should come with the siphon!

All Boulevard smokestack are bottle conditioned. It is pasteurize (for quality) but new yeast is added to the bottle.
But this Saison Brett was bottled with Brett B as far as I understood.
Yea, it is bottle conditioned, but personally I'd go with something more sour, less funky. All depends on what flavors you want really. Saison-Brett just has Brett and no bacteria. You've already got the Lacto (probably) tho, so who knows.
I should probably start a thread but I have lacto, it is sour already, so you're saying don't toss the Saison Brett in there? It has brett-b.

I know I can get my hands on a bottle of Jolly Pumpkin Maracaibo Especial today if I want. I may be able to track down a bottle of Noel de Calabaza if the one I saw is still sitting around a bottle shop. Are you thinking one of those two would be better?

I wouldnt have a clue what the actually stick was called. Everything Id had from acid has been good. Just a few others here and there I grab for poker. I really dont have clue what to look for at all :drunk:

I was going to say Acid is pretty foolproof, sounds like it's a go-to for newbies. Not a cigar smoker but I've had a couple and been to some shops. Hope you find one you like.

On topic: coffee, water and now cream soda.

View attachment 203954
View attachment 203955

Last cup of Coff before I slay beers.

damn dude! bottling up some brew tonight also- 8 gallons - DIPA one with conan and one with us-05, both dry hopped with amarillo and simcoe- oh and slaying beers also- i gotta get some of my homebrews to you for you try- i have your addy so u may get a suprise package in the next week or so wink wink- all i ask is a honest opinion if it sucks it sucks just tell me why u think haha. nothing worse then giving a HB to someone and they feel they need to be grateful and tell you its good

more coff

Acid = flavored sticks.

Just picked up a Rocky Patel.

I never use an auto syphon anymore. Just some vinyl tubing and a turkey baster to get it started. Simple and clean!

I never use an auto syphon anymore. Just some vinyl tubing and a turkey baster to get it started. Simple and clean!

Interesting. I abandoned my auto siphon a while ago. I've been using vinyl tubing only, but filling it with water to get it started. I'll have to try a turkey baster instead.

Having coffee and trying to decide if I want to try to bottle my Summer Ale or do a dry hopping addition. I thought it was pretty heavy on hops in the brew process, but the sample I drew last night was very mild. It would still be a good, easy drinking beer...great for a hot day, but the hop aroma is low and it seems like the citrus zest that I racked onto 5 days ago is not really aggressive either. So, dry hop with an ounce and a half of Citra or go ahead and bottle it? Hmmm. More coffee.

Back