Might Be Moving to California...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bierhund

Reaction score
I currently live in Michigan, but I might have a job opportunity that will be bring to California. My one problem is I know nothing about the city and surrounding area of where my job would be located. It would be an Azusa, CA. Can anyone provide any information about this city and the surrounding area. I'm looking for things like cities to avoid living in, places with fun downtowns, good breweries ;), etc... I would really appreciate any help in this.

I am so sorry for you. I have no information since I have never been west of the Mississippi River. But, California is one of the LAST places in the country where I would want to live. Because of the taxes and ultra liberal government there.

I wonder when California will ban fermenting beverages due to the co2 produced????

Good Luck.

That's pretty much LA. Way out east but culture wise. Going to be plenty of local brewery options i am sure, but it is more country than beach vibe.

decent neighbor hoods are Toluca Lake, Glendale, Pasadena... bad neighbor hoods are Van Nuys, Watts, Compton. Azusa is really close to Pasadena. In Eaglerock there is a great LHBS.

Back