time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a potent one! Specific beer please....
Hint: this has some barrel aging that features prominently.

IMG_0743g.jpg

I purchased it off the shelf last week, but it's barrel aged.

Well I wouldn't think it is pFriem by the picture unless it's been in the glass for awhile.

And I know your not drinking FW Parabola without me...

Shooting in the dark I'll say it's, Goose Island BCBS?

Well I wouldn't think it is pFriem by the picture unless it's been in the glass for awhile.

And I know your not drinking FW Parabola without me...

Shooting in the dark I'll say it's, Goose Island BCBS?

Not BCBS, I think that has more of a head. This one had no head at all.

Moa Imperial Stout (Aged In Pinot Noir Barrels)

There it is! This is a very unique RIS to say the least. The pour had a distinct burgundy tint to it and the fruity wine notes are very obvious, but at the same time balanced (if you enjoy red wine). But it takes some getting used to, especially the contrast between the roasty-black malts and the red wine character.

I really should have used a tulip glass. Oh well....

IMG_0743.jpg

There it is! This is a very unique RIS to say the least. The pour had a distinct burgundy tint to it and the fruity wine notes are very obvious, but at the same time balanced (if you enjoy red wine). But it takes some getting used to, especially the contrast between the roasty-black malts and the red wine character.

I really should have used a tulip glass. Oh well....

And I thought nailing an import barrel RIS would have taken longer, nothing but net.

Posting the next beer tonight.

:mug:

Latest posts

Back