Just can't seem to find it...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno_eNVy

Reaction score
Hey all! I've been looking for a hose clamp. Going the simple MLT route instead of a ball valve (thanks Don Osborn!). However, I can't find one anywhere in town, including home improvement stores and LHBS. Also, every online store that has it charges $6 to ship a $1 piece of plastic. Where is a common place to find such a thing? Or is there a good substitute?

Thanks for any help. I'm just frustrated something so minuscule can be such a freakin road-block between me and beer!!!

DAMNIT, I AM BETTER THAN YOU! :fro:
tubingClamps.jpg

C- clamp, vice grips, jam a plug in the end of the hose, Hold the end of the hose higher than the level of liquid, water don't run up hill very well, get someone to stick an appendage in it. hold it in your mouth.

C- clamp, vice grips, jam a plug in the end of the hose, Hold the end of the hose higher than the level of liquid, water don't run up hill very well, get someone to stick an appendage in it. hold it in your mouth.

You know, if you have a suggestion, you should just offer it up. Stop beating around the bush. ;)

Actually, I have used 2 pieces of flat-stock and a c-clamp in a pinch. Something like that could get you by until you place a regular order somewhere and add a clamp to it.

You know, if you have a suggestion, you should just offer it up. Stop beating around the bush. ;)

Actually, I have used 2 pieces of flat-stock and a c-clamp in a pinch. Something like that could get you by until you place a regular order somewhere and add a clamp to it.

Too subtle, huh?

And +1 to the order more stuff to justify the shipping. always need more stuff.

Back