Crescent City BrewHouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheaperPlease

Reaction score
Oddly enough I have been with this site for over two years and never introduced myself, this seems like the best time for me to though so I guess I saved it well.

My name is Heath and I have been homebrewing for about three years, right after my twenty-first birthday. a little over a year ago I moved from Louisville, Ky, a great town for brewing by the way with 3 brewpubs of their own, expanding into more each year with American brewers who put in work on excellent beers, to New Orleans, Louisiana. I came down to do Electrical work but that no longer entertained me, I needed something that made me happy, So I sat my sights on becoming a brewer. There is only one Brewpub in the French Quarter, Crescent City Brewhouse, Ran by their Brewmaster and part owner Wolfram Kohler, I put in many hours meeting these people and being interviewed over and over till im sure I became a bit of a pest, but now I have the job, assistant brewer in the only place in the French Quarter you can get a truly fresh beer, I care for about three thousand gallons of beer in our small operation and am getting expirence I would have to beg for any other place, It truly was the perfect moment when I walked into that place to get the perfect job.

Anybody takes a trip to New Orleans make sure to stop by and drink up, send me a PM and let me know, ill give you a tour of our premo set-up, maybe pour ya one off the tanks.

Damn. 24 and assistant brewer. Lucky man! I would like to hear about your education background and if it played into you getting that job.

Nice. I was there about a month ago. I think I tried one of each of the beers, all very good.

One great thing about this brew pub that might set it apart from maybe every other brew pub in the country is that you can walk by, order a beer, and take it to go...walk over to the French Market while enjoying your beer.

My background was an Electrician, so the brewmaster was happy that he wont have to call someone for an emergency run when the pump goes out or the lights go black. Mainly I attribute getting this gig to old fashion persistence, going back and back and back, drinking at the bar till the Brewmaster came out and talking to him for a bit, bringing by some homebrew I had made, just making them smile before I got the job.

Back