Portable Rubbermaid Kegerator - 2 cornies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limoges

Reaction score
Hi,

After seeing the BierMunchers Rolling Kegerator (BYO Published) thread it got me going on this idea so I can bring beer to a family reunion, party or a cottage in a kegerator like fashion. Sharing is caring!

I measured the top of my wagon and that was the only measurement needed.

The bonus of this set-up is I can lift it and wheel it around by myself, maybe ways 100-150 lbs fully iced. It can be fill with ice all the way to the top of the collar.

I used basement wall insulation board to create the collar and cover, then added stick on tiles. The collar was glued together with construction glue, it is removable from the cooler. The best thing about insulation is it's already grooved and fits great onto the cooler top conserving the cold in even better.

I initial put 2 bags of ice for starts then 1 a day. I make ice at home and purchase them on the road. Or i sometimes fill it to the collar rim 4-5 bags and bleed the water everyday, last about 3 days in Canadian summer temp.

I'm sure you can figure out the rest or give you ideas.

i01167.jpg

i01168.jpg

i01169.jpg

I have completed by tour!

Family reunion: A real hit. Inspiring to others!
Parties: Conversation piece + happiness!
Cottage: F'n AWESOME! We would bring pitcher's to the dock!

I love this thing, the worst I heard was "the beer taste watered down.". My Reply "NO BEER FOR YOU!" (Soup Nazy voice). They quickly recant the statement...

Build your yesterday!

Nicely done! Twin 5 gallon cornies and very inexpensive to boot!

How do the cobra taps work for you? Do people pull them out to pour, or do they figure it out?

Is is bungie corded to the cooler?

thanks!

Cobra works great. They don't pull out because I made the hole in the tiles so it squeezes the tube against the pinic tap, it snaps into place. Those tiles are very flexible yet tense.

Yes, there is a bungee usually across the top and it hooks on both handles on the sides.

In time i'll install:
1. shanks and faucets
2. snap in locks on both sides to keep the coller tight to the cooler without the bungee cords. This way i'll be able to access the kegs quickly.

The one thing I don't like about it is serving at 0.5 psi let's c02 over time escape from the beer. The beer doesn't get affected but i need to bleed the kegs once in a while to maintain proper serving pressure. Since these pics i have installed a no back flow air valve by the jacpak, so I turn the valve on when needed coupled with bleeding the valves.

Any ideas to resolve this?

My last tip: ALWAYS have a spare FULL paintball co2 canister. I had a small leak one time and had to hook-up a compressor at a cottage to keep the party going. The air was not biggy because I made sure to kill the keg the same day :)

Back