North Carolina Home Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchell1829

Reaction score
I'm interested in recording (audio only) a few home brewers in the Chapel Hill, Raleigh, Durham region of North Carolina. It would be more of a conversation about home brewing. Kind of "getting to know you" questions like: How did you get started home brewing, favorite types of beer you brew, your process, tips, etc. etc. You DO NOT need to be an expert and this is not a quiz on what you do and don't know about brewing. To be honest, if you start going off on clarifying agents and hydrometer, you will quickly find that I'm oblivious to the finer nuances of quality beer making... but I'm still interested, and I think others would be as well. This should be a fun way to share your hobby with other brewers.

I'm most interested in the human component of it all. Having brewed a few batches of beer in my day (I'm in my mid 30s), I'm always amazed at all of the different personalities that there are in the home brewing business. From people that make a little batch here and there to those that have their garages filled with mega tanks. I'm interested in that story.

The Final Product:
To be honest, I don't know what the end product will look like. Perhaps it will end up as a bunch of short little audio clips, or perhaps I will splice them all together. It could end up on my website or perhaps it could end up on this site if they are interested (and the quality is good). Until I get a few under my belt, I really won't know. I'm assuming the first one won't be great, but I'm willing to try if you are. Again, this should be relaxing and fun.

A little about me: I fancy myself an amateur photographer and all around technologically savvy guy. You can see some of my photos at http://www.richardmitchell.org and I would like to try my hand at some audio recording projects. Considering I've been lurking on this site long enough, I thought this would be an exciting project.

No funny business, no hidden fees (no fees in fact), just two (or more) people having a conversation. We can meet in a public place or in my make-shift audio studio in Carrboro, NC.

My e-mail: mitchell.1829 @ gmail . com if you are interested or if you would like to contribute in some way. Post below if you would like to know more about the project or if you think this is (or is not) a worthy project.

P.S. If you are of age, the first pint is on me :)

Sounds interesting. I'd be willing to talk, but I live up in Boone and don't get down to Raleigh very often. I wouldn't mind skyping or something, though.

tedclev, Hmmmm, I'm willing to wait until I make a trip out that way or you are in the area. I think the key is to have good sound quality and a great conversation. Could you describe what type of brewing you do? Even if it is one jug of beer every 3 years, I'm very interested. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the conversation.

RedGuitar, I'm absolutely interested. Maybe we could set something up over the next week or two. Do you have a preference for being interviewed at your place, or would you want to make the trip to "the sound studio" (aka, the extra bedroom).

Also, what type of brewing do you do?

Latest posts

Back