Meat beer is on the way

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sounds wretched, but I can't wait to hear about the outcome. I sure hope you don't end up with food poisoning or something man.

Wow, not sure what to say but I'm subscribing to see how it turns out. Well and to also be informed of any possible zombie apocalypse.

subscribed so I get early notification of the impending zombie apocalypse.

Same here. LOL.

I'm certainly interested in how it turns out as well, though. Radical to say the least. Can't say my palate would be ready for something like this. Good.... luck.

Or maybe add some jalapenos for a jalapeno popper ale?...haven't seen that one yet.:rockin: Huh huh,huh...he's gunna pop her huh huh,huh.

The goatiness of a goat would pair nicely with the stoutiness of a stout.

Not sure if you are just trying to be an ass or just amusing but goats have a very distinct smell to them that is described as "goaty"

I can't get my head around how this isn't going to go rancid in a couple of days of sitting at room temperature with beef fat and other assorted "beef juices" floating in it.

I'm wrong on an hourly basis so my not getting it doesn't count for anything... but... I think this is going to give "infected" an whole new level.

+1 on the Maple and Bacon idea. Hell one of the top selling doughnuts in Portland is exactly that, why not a beer to match? If it works I just might try it myself. You know I met the Bakon Vodka guys last year at the Wine and Spirits wholesale show. They said after trying multiple extracts and fats, it left their liquor very hazy. In the end they went with a completely meat-free flavoring (liquid) which gave the best bacon flavor. But I know this defeats the fun of putting a large slab of meat into the brew pot or mash.

I can't get my head around how this isn't going to go rancid in a couple of days of sitting at room temperature with beef fat and other assorted "beef juices" floating in it.

I'm wrong on an hourly basis so my not getting it doesn't count for anything... but... I think this is going to give "infected" an whole new level.

Well I like to think I'm right more often than not (jury's still out on that ;) ) but I'm totally right there with you on this. The whole thing just sounds awful, but what the heck, as long as the OP is like 3500 miles away, even if he does start a new plague I'll have enough of a head start to escape to the Bahamas :D

Cheers!

+1 on the Maple and Bacon idea. Hell one of the top selling doughnuts in Portland is exactly that, why not a beer to match? If it works I just might try it myself. You know I met the Bakon Vodka guys last year at the Wine and Spirits wholesale show. They said after trying multiple extracts and fats, it left their liquor very hazy. In the end they went with a completely meat-free flavoring (liquid) which gave the best bacon flavor. But I know this defeats the fun of putting a large slab of meat into the brew pot or mash.

well yeah, that's why the Rogue beer is named Voodoo Donut after all..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dS4ATdldXA]How To Brew a Maple Bacon Stout - YouTube[/ame]

We did a meat beer, Maple Bacon Stout. Check it out.

Has anyone considered making beef broth in a pressure cooker and using that in the beer? It would certainly cut down on any infection concerns.

Back