Deployed/ No brewing, This sucks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joseph.gallagher

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been brewing for a few years but it seems I am currently not available for brewing at this time due to my deployment in Afghanistan. It seems every other year Im trapped in a country that any kind of alcohol consumption/ possesion is illeagal. All in the name of freedom I guess.
Oh well I'll get right to it when I get back to the good ol' U.S.A., after I spend some time with the wife and kids of course. Well to everyone back home, keep brewin and have a few cold ones stashed for your soldiers overseas.

Welcome aboard! I'm sure the boys down south will keep the kettles hot and the brew icy (or at least cellar temp) for your return. Lots of military guys around here.

:mug:

Now, I'm not advocating blatantly disobeying G.O. 1, but what might happen if some DME, hops, and dry yeast made it to your APO address? I'm sure they couldn't possibly be accidentally thrown in hot water, but if that happened, you'd have no choice but to put some of the yeast into the mix after it cooled...

After careful examination of GO-1A as it's known after 12/19/00, I guess brewing would count as "introduction". haha. That's funny. I happen to have a copy at my computer desk.

What if it's for "academic purposes only?" Claim you're working on your master's degree - there's a good one from a school in the U.K. It's an MSC in Brewing and Distilling. The military loves further education...how could you go wrong?

Thank you for what your doing over there. I want you to know your a Hell-of-a Man for doing it.

Can't tell where your from but if you are ever in the Austin or San Antonio area let me know. I'll have some brew with your name on it.

Cheers Brotha!

Latest posts

Back