Lots of science article on beer including...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me know when it has been peer reviewed and there are practical implications for the home brewer. None of my beer has lasted a year yet so I'm not too worried about this. Also, some of my beer that has aged has improved. Do I want it all to taste 'fresh'?

As far as practical implications I have no idea when that would be made available if ever. Im sure most of the articles will be of no help to homebrews just some reading info if anyone is curious and would like to get to know beer better.

I'd be interested in a way to preserve hop flavor, which I believe is unrelated to oxidation. Anyone that has grabbed a year old bottle of any DIPA knows exactly what I'm talking about; they take on this almost "sweet tea-ish" flavor that is extremely recognizable. Gone is the citrusy aroma and sharp grapefruit flavor. In my experience, it doesn't even take a year. I cracked open a 6 month old bomber of Dreadnaught the other day, and it had that flavor. Bummer that such a delicious style doesn't last very long :(

Latest posts

Back