Beersmith brew sheet confusion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablo

Reaction score
I have put an extract recipe in to Beersmith. I have set the batch size to 23 litres. On the brewsheet it correctly says, "Batch size 23 litres" but then says "prepare 19.92 litres of water for brewing" What am I missing ?

Does the water for steeping grains get excluded from the 19.92 litres of brewing water ? If it's excluded from brew water is it also excluded from the Boil volume ?

Also, don't forget to factor the volume the extract displaces in the water...

I once didn't factor in over a gallon of honey in a mead recipe....5 gallons of water and 1 gallon of honey, WILL NOT fit into a 5 gallon carboy...

:D

Also, don't forget to factor the volume the extract displaces in the water...

I once didn't factor in over a gallon of honey in a mead recipe....5 gallons of water and 1 gallon of honey, WILL NOT fit into a 5 gallon carboy...

:D

Ok thanks. I've set my boil volume as 11.4 litres which I guess I'll need to reduce (and adjust hops accordingly) if it doesn't include fermentables.

Edit: Now I'm really confused. If I lower my boil volume to 9 litres, it says prepare 17.52 litres of water for brewing, while the batch size is unchanged at 23 litres

Back