Anyone want to sell their beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fattony911

Reaction score
Hey im not sure if this is were this goes but does anyone want to sell me 1 or 2 bottles of there homebrew to sample. I just wanted to get some ideas about it and see whats out there. Throw up what you've got i have paypal or money order ready Please list the type of beer and the price shipped to my location 33919. Thank you-Alex B.

It is illegal to sell homebrew. Technically, it's also illegal to trade it for anything with monetary value, although it's legal to give it away.

No one here will be interested in selling beer to you--that's just about the one and only thing a homebrewer could do to attract unwanted attention from law enforcement.

oh sorry i didn't know that i just wanted to sample some others home brew nevermind then. Sorry-Alex

fattony911 said:
oh sorry i didn't know that i just wanted to sample some others home brew nevermind then. Sorry-Alex

People swap all the time. Most shippers wont knowingly ship alcohol, but if they ask what's in the package, you can say "live yeast samples," which technicallly is not a lie.
I'm sure you could find folks here to swap with. (If you don't have homebrews, lots of folks here are interested in micros/crafts that they can't get in their own area.)

One problem this time of year is the heat. I definitely wouldn't try to ship beer until the weather cools off a bit.

LOL no I assure you if i wanted to get drunk I could. If you wanted to send it in a one taste sippie cup that would be fine. I could honestly care less about alcohol content and such i just thought someone wanted to have others try there homebrew and i was offering to pay. But at the moment i dont ahve any brew of my own to trade tahts kind of why i was wanting to buy. If you guys don't want to sell that's fine i completly understand no hard feelings. You guys are still a great help :) thanks- Alex

Oh and i live in Ft.Myers Florida and will be storing my fermenter inside, i asked about outside because i was worried about the smell smelling up my house. I quickly however learned that the conditions outside were anything but ideal to ferment in (the summer heat).And does having 1 post or 2,000 make that much of a difference

fattony911 said:
LOL no I assure you if i wanted to get drunk I could. If you wanted to send it in a one taste sippie cup that would be fine. I could honestly care less about alcohol content and such i just thought someone wanted to have others try there homebrew and i was offering to pay. But at the moment i dont ahve any brew of my own to trade tahts kind of why i was wanting to buy. If you guys don't want to sell that's fine i completly understand no hard feelings. You guys are still a great help :) thanks- Alex

I can see his point of veiw, being new to it myself I would have loved to try a few homebrews before going out and purchasing the equipment only to find I don't like it.

Alex:

The best place to go then, is your LHBS of which I am sure there are a few in FL.
They can put you in contact with local HBers.

And yes, in the context of things it does matter how many posts you have. Really. Having posts means that you have engaged others and built relationships.

Just read the post from Prey..
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10919
It follows a pattern that we have seen here before. One that your post and profile has a lot in common with. If you had other posts we could be more discerning.

There is a section on Sampling where trades occur for free. They are between folks that have been here awhile. THat's where the realtionship and trust comes in.

I hope that you don't take this the wrong way. After all we are all trying to help each other out here and we don't want to have anyone jeopardize the board or have anyone make a costly mistake.

Sampling Area:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

I think we can all say, without any hesitation at all, that if you invest in some decent equipment, some decent ingredients, follow the proper procedures, ask us if you have any questions, HAVE PATIENCE, and brew a style of beer that you enjoy - you will NOT be disappointed in the results.

The styles that are out there are pretty much boundless (although some styles require different brewing conditions). If you want to know what to brew - well, what kinds of commercial beer do you like? Sample different micros and let us know what you especially enjoy, we can point you in the right direction.

Alright i understand, I have my own kit and will be brewing shortly it's just i wanted to taste some meanwhile but i guess ill go buy some microbrew from the store. I actually haven't been able to find a store near me, if anyone knows of one or a good way to find out besides the phone book i would really appreciate it. I guess I'm going to have to wait until my brew is finished to really taste one. Thanks guys-Alex

A great way to find stores with good beer selections is the BeerFly search on www.beeradvocate.com. They have user posted reviews of most places that carry a good craft brew selection.

jar said:
A great way to find stores with good beer selections is the BeerFly search on www.beeradvocate.com. They have user posted reviews of most places that carry a good craft brew selection.
oh thanks so much thats just what i was looking for.-Alex

Alex,

I don't know about where you live, but where I am the local homebrew store actually has homebrew on tap in the back. They're happy to give samples if you ask. See if your local store has any brew you can try. People love sharing their brew, as it's one way of getting impartial feedback on something you've made.

fattony911 said:
Alright i understand, I have my own kit and will be brewing shortly it's just i wanted to taste some meanwhile but i guess ill go buy some microbrew from the store. I actually haven't been able to find a store near me, if anyone knows of one or a good way to find out besides the phone book i would really appreciate it. I guess I'm going to have to wait until my brew is finished to really taste one. Thanks guys-Alex

If you have a World Market Store in you area I would check there.

My World Market offers well over 100 microbrews that can be purchased by the bottle...

What city/state do you live in fattony? There might be brewers club in your area.

Alcohole and alcoholic beverages are illegal to ship in the US, Fedral crime.

Mr Bigins said:
Alcohole and alcoholic beverages are illegal to ship in the US, Fedral crime.

If this is true, how do the 'wine of the month' and 'beers of the month' vendors manage to ship theirs? Sure glad I live in Canada, land of the free.:cross:

Fattony911, go to the best microbrewery you can find. I guarantee that if you apply yourself to the hobby, you can make beer as good as, or better than they can.

cweston said:
People swap all the time. Most shippers wont knowingly ship alcohol, but if they ask what's in the package, you can say "live yeast samples," which technicallly is not a lie.
I'm sure you could find folks here to swap with. (If you don't have homebrews, lots of folks here are interested in micros/crafts that they can't get in their own area.)

One problem this time of year is the heat. I definitely wouldn't try to ship beer until the weather cools off a bit.

I suppose selling "live yeast samples" have been tried before :D

Home Brewing, though legal through Federal laws isn't necessarily legal in every one of the 50 states per local state laws:

http://www.beertown.org/homebrewing/legal.html

Shipping beer is illegal for the most part unless you are a licensed distributor:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7393

Recently the Supreme Court issued a decision that may help wineries ship directly to customers, but the laws of each state will have to change. With powerful liquor distributor lobbies, don't expect even that to change very quickly.

Yeah they sell alcohol on ebay even ahrd liquer and the term they use is its for the decorative or collectible bottle not the contents, how many minors do you think buy there? Im sure any kid who has used ebay before got the bright idea of looking up alcohol or other liquers. This has turned out to be a good conversation haha-Alex

You know you brought up the minor issue and I remembered something. There is a beer making class at one of the community colleges near here. Restrickted to 21 and older.

Beer Snob said:
You know you brought up the minor issue and I remembered something. There is a beer making class at one of the community colleges near here. Restrickted to 21 and older.
haha that's pretty neat, I wonder how many students attend. You outta try teaching as sort of a part time job. My dad taught at a community college in Forensic Science as a part time and made pretty good part time money not to mention he got to teach others what he so much loved. -Alex

Ohhh sweet thanks, how come that wasn't in the phone book. thats right next to my house haha thanks a lot i owe you.-Alex

i tried calling them to get exact loaction but there # was out of service. They probably went out of bussiness. :( -Alex

Try maps.google.com, enter your postal code 33919 and enter brewery. Vola... Hops Brewery must be in your hood.

TekelBira said:
Try maps.google.com, enter your postal code 33919 and enter brewery. Vola... Hops Brewery must be in your hood.
Better than nothing but Hops was watered down crap. Mine was anyways. But none of that matters, they closed all the Hops down and folded the franchise about 2 years ago.

i still have a hops in my hood actually next to best buy i was only there a lonnnnggg time ago and didn't remember them selling do they sell just their beer or do they have other microbrews?-Alex

Back