First kegerator conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolDaddy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been looking for a mini-fridge for a couple of weeks on craigslist and happened to come across what looked like a sanyo 4912 posted a couple hours earlier that day. He was asking $80, so I called him up to ask the model number and turns out to be a 4912m. I got him to drop the price to $70 and picked it up that night. It is in great condition and after a clean-up looks almost new. Going to start ordering the parts and complete the project over a few weeks while I wait for different parts to come in. Definitely excited to do the conversion.

I know there are many posts and websites out there explaining the process, but anyone have any other tips or recommendations? Also was thinking of using kegconnection for the parts, anywhere else have better prices on SS with perlick? I am going with a twin tower.

I have been looking for a mini-fridge for a couple of weeks on craigslist and happened to come across what looked like a sanyo 4912 posted a couple hours earlier that day. He was asking $80, so I called him up to ask the model number and turns out to be a 4912m. I got him to drop the price to $70 and picked it up that night. It is in great condition and after a clean-up looks almost new. Going to start ordering the parts and complete the project over a few weeks while I wait for different parts to come in. Definitely excited to do the conversion.

I know there are many posts and websites out there explaining the process, but anyone have any other tips or recommendations? Also was thinking of using kegconnection for the parts, anywhere else have better prices on SS with perlick? I am going with a twin tower.

CoolDaddy - good score on the fridge. You may be interested in checking out of towers.

http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/premium-draft-beer-kegerator-tower-stainless-double-perlick-525ss-faucets/

Back