Craigslist Score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerocd

Reaction score
I think there's just not enough of these in the wine category. I bought a wine cellar for $75 holds 350-ish bottles. Fast forward about 6 weeks and they call me back and ask if I want the other unit. FREE! Turns out they can't take it with them - they're moving and the new place is too small. So now I've got 700+ conditioned bottle storage. That's not even the best part. They gave me 3 boxes of wine, that includes 1980 Dom among other "Chateaus" from the 80's and 90's. JACKPOT! I'm gonna play the lottery tomorrow and see if my luck continues. :ban:

-OCD

WOW.

that is not big enough...

wow-left-green.png

On a completely unrelated note: Your location information is missing. We would greatly appreciate as detailed information as possible, including access points into your house without disturbing you.

Congrats. Thats a hell of a score. :mug:

Thanks guys, cellardoor - you're too nearby that's why I don't post location info. :p I'll try for a photo of the cellar tomorrow. Now I feel like I didn't thank them enough when they gave me the wine. I didn't know what they were giving me, until I unboxed them at home and looked them up.

-OCD

OK, Life gets in the way sometimes. Sorry for the big delay in posting....

I have a pic of one of the two cellars I brought home; they open opposite each other like french doors, and a sample of some of the wines that were given to me.

HPIM2002.JPG

HPIM2003.JPG

And then - Thursday I picked up five "aluminum" kegs for $50. (They're stainless.)

-OCD

I dunno - I can buy that same bottle online for $300 plus shipping . I'm willing to at least try it. If only one bottle out of all of it was good I'd still be thrilled. I can cook with the past it's prime stuff or use my new "vinegar" in salads. Life is good. :D

I've hit two bottles so far - I don't know what they should taste like, but they were drinkable even if they were past their prime.

-OCD

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/dom+perignon/1980

Back