Danby DCR413 Conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsean

Reaction score
Hello;

So I'm just starting my conversion of a Danby413 fridge, with built in freezer. So far I have managed to remove the door panel, and bend the freezer component down. I have two questions though;

1) Does anyone know if there are any refrigerant lines in the top of the fridge?

2) Would it be okay to leave the CO2 where it is now, right near the bent down freezer section, or should I bring it outside of the unit?

photo-1.jpg

Would this be okay?

Thanks;
Sean

I have my CO2 and regulators inside the fridge, also, but I've been told by others in my club that being in the fridge can shorted the life of the regulator, because of humidity. But that's third person, so far, mine works just fine in the fridge.

I guess my fear is the co2 tank being that close to the chiller.

Also, does anyone have any info on whether or not it is safe to drill through the top?

Thanks

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if you ever attempted to go in through the top of this fridge? Was there anything in there?

Back