What would you ask the Top Brewers in San Diego?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almighty

Reaction score
With San Diego Beer Week happening next week, I'm going to the San Diego's Top Brewers book release event. All the following Breweries and head brewers will be there.

AleSmith Brewing Company
www.alesmith.com

Ballast Point Brewing Company
www.ballastpoint.com

Breakwater Brewing Co.
www.breakwaterbrewing.com

Coronado Brewing Company
www.coronadobrewingcompany.com

Green Flash Brewing Co.
www.greenflashbrew.com

Hess Brewing
www.hessbrewing.com

Home Brew Mart
www.homebrewmart.com

Iron Fist Brewing Co.
www.ironfistbrewing.com

Karl Strauss Brewing Company
www.karlstrauss.com

Lightning Brewery
www.lightningbrewery.com

Manzanita Brewing Co.
www.manzanitabrewing.com

Mission Brewery
www.missionbrewery.com

Mother Earth Brew Co.
www.motherearthbrewco.com

New English Brewing Company
www.newenglishbrewing.com

Pizza Port Brewing Company
www.pizzaport.com
(Other locations: Ocean Beach, San Clemente, and Solana Beach.)

Port Brewing Company/The Lost Abbey
www.lostabbey.com

Rockbottom Restaurant & Brewery, Gaslamp
www.rockbottom.com

Rockbottom Restaurant & Brewery, La Jolla
www.rockbottom.com

Stone Brewing Co.
www.stonebrew.com

Does anyone have any specific questions they would like asked? There are some great brewers going to be there and I would like to ask them some meaningful questions.

What would I ask the top brewers in San Diego?

After thinking about all of the possibilities, I guess it would have to be this. Totally unrelated to brewing.

"Why in the hell do you live in San Diego?"

When/where is this event and how can I attend? I guess that's a question for you, and not for the brewers.

To them I would ask: can my wife and I get jobs with you? That would be awesome.

Here is a link to the event.
http://sdbw.org/events/2379/

It should be a great time and luckily I live a few blocks away.

mikeysab - Probably after they finish their 3rd brewery in San Diego. And build the one they have been talking about in Europe. But I'll ask.

So no one is interesting in questions like:

Jeff Bagby @ Pizza Port - Why do you think that you are so successful in Competitions? Is it recipe driven? Is it process? Or is it your proprietary house yeast strain? (And how can a homebrewer get some of this yeast?)

Tomme Arthur @ Lost Abbey - For your sour beers what is your method? Do you start with a sour culture that has lacto, brett and pedio or do you add each at a certain time? How often do you taste your sour beers and do you add anything while aging? What effect do you think having multiple barrels of the same beer in different parts of the brewery do? And what changes with placement?

Nothing about specific beers?

Back