cider not carbonated??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zcaad9

Reaction score
Hey I made a simple batch of simple cider a couple of months ago (3 gall cider, 2.5# raisons and brown sugar)

It has been bottled for about a month and a half. I cracked one open today to see how it was doing, but to my surprise it was not carbed at all. There was a few bubbles when I cracked it open, but that was it.

What would cause this?

Need more information. Did you let the cider ferment all the way to 1.000? Did you add priming sugar when you bottled?

Hey I made a simple batch of simple cider a couple of months ago (3 gall cider, 2.5# raisons and brown sugar)

It has been bottled for about a month and a half. I cracked one open today to see how it was doing, but to my surprise it was not carbed at all. There was a few bubbles when I cracked it open, but that was it.

What would cause this?

How much sugar did you add at bottling, and what temperature have you kept the bottles?

bottles have been at around 70 (+ or - 3deg)

I didn't take a fg as I didnt have a hydrometer at the time.

It fermented for about 3 weeks though.

I added priming sugar, i forget exactly how much, but I calculated it based on what I use for a 5g batch. I back-sweetened it too with some sweetener.

thanks for ideas

Latest posts

Back